1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

VX85 moving real slow

Discussion in 'SnowDogg Snow Plows' started by TKO1, Feb 28, 2013.

1. TKO1

TKO1 Member

I have a 3 year old VX85. It had all the issues early on and the entire power unit was replaced. Worked perfect after that until recently. I noticed a few weeks back that it seemed a little bit slower. The last storm (5" of the heaviest snow ever) it was going real slow for the first few minutes, then wouldnt move. Got out and looked and was leaking fluid from under the pump cover. Took it off and noticed that a small plug was missing from the top. Unbelievably, I found it laying on the bottom shelf. Put it back in and added fluid and it was working again, although sort of slow. Checked everything out and all looked normal. Checked the fluid and it was full. Plow started slowing down again and barely moved by the end of my plow route. The next day I drained the fluid and re-filled it, went through all of the plow movements, and drained it again. Re-filled again and it was way faster, but still not right. Up is slow, wings out are slow, wings in seems normal, When positioned as a styraight blade, left to right and vice-versa seems normal. Any ideas?
  2. djagusch

djagusch 2000 Club Member
    from mn

Is the boss plug you replaced sealing up? I've needed to replace the oring on them before.
  3. TKO1

TKO1 Member

The O-ring was fine and the plug seems to be sealed. Bled the cylinders and still seems the same. Slow moving cylinders going out. Normal every where else. No blinking light on controller. Now what?
  4. kalcorn

kalcorn Junior Member
    from Moncton

Have you found the problem?

The V blades had lift cylinder recalls in 08-10 , check the date on your cylinder, call your dealer it should be warranty as they were listed as a recall.

Take your fluid reservoir off, requires removing the two or three bolts that hold the whole valve assembly on the frame, remove the stainless backing , remove the four screws holding the reservoir on and empty. may require a rubber hammer just to knock off.
    I can almost guarantee the lift cylinder packing has let go and clogged the screen in the reservoir .

Clean it out with brake clean or a parts washer, remove and replace the lift cylinder and top back up and it'll be fine.