1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

vx85 leak

Discussion in 'SnowDogg Snow Plows' started by gtree, Feb 3, 2011.

1. gtree

gtree Junior Member

Got the plow back from the dealer after changing out the lift cylinder. Plowed 2 days during the blizzard, and added 6 quarts from a leak. Found the leak from the S8 valve and changed the o ring. Still leaks. Checked the aluminum surface and it looked fine with my old eyes. I noticed this valve does not have a screen on the end of like the others do. Is this normal? How much do you tighten these valves? The dealer didn't have any answers yet. Looking for some quick solutions... the fluid is expensive.
  2. gtree

gtree Junior Member

Update: As usual, my dealer came through for me.
    Found out the S8 valve does NOT come with a screen.
    Because of the latest bulletin about the shunt for pressure relief on minor spikes, my dealer obtained a new upper bank/block with the shunt installed. This has solved the leak at the S8 valve, from what I can tell. We're speculating the upper bank/block that I replaced had some imperfections where the S8 valve screws in.
    No snow predicted for a while, so I won't have a chance to test it for a bit.
    If it weren't for my dealer (Dave's Welding and Repair), I would have scrapped this plow long ago. He has worked diligently with me to solve the many problems that have come up.
  3. gtree

gtree Junior Member

Just got through with a couple of days of plowing, about 26 hours, with NO LEAKS!! The replaced upper block/bank solved the leaking S8 valve issue. Lots of wet snow testing the hydraulics. I just might be turning into a satisfied SnowDogg customer.....