1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

vx updates, issues?

Discussion in 'SnowDogg Snow Plows' started by djagusch, Sep 16, 2012.

1. djagusch

djagusch 2000 Club Member
    from mn

I had my 8.5 vx from the first year they made them, so 3 seasons. I had all the hydro issues which ended up being ram packing material breakdown, etc. Just pulling it out and going to flush the hydro system well, as last year it seemed slower in some functions.

Wondering how other vx owners plows have held up see the repairs? Also any 2012 purchases and if they had issues?

The plow works great when it doesn't have issues. If I never had issues I would of owned 3 by now. Wondering if they got the bugs out or are there still some out of the current production?

The price point when I bought mine was around $4k and now they seem to be in line with the other mfg's. Just not worth the risk if the issues are still happening.

Last edited: Sep 16, 2012
  2. plowguy43

plowguy43 PlowSite Fanatic

Mine is a 2012 VX95 and other than the screws holding the cover on falling off I've had 0 issues with mine at all. I hope it up just this past week for the first time all summer and everything works as new. I'll be flushing the system out and putting new fluid but otherwise she's good to go.

3. DIRISHMAN

DIRISHMAN PlowSite Veteran

MY Sugestion would be to get ahold of scott from Snowdogg and explain to him and give the serial Number and see what thet come up with as far as I remember they had Ataken care of alll the Bugs ,Also Scott is a stand up guy on here

4. DIRISHMAN

DIRISHMAN PlowSite Veteran

ONE more thing if not GET AHOLD OF JIM FROM ESI ON HERE, HE IS GREAT TO TALK WITH AND SET YA STRAIGHT ON WHAT THEY CAN AND HAVE DONE WITH THE PLOWS...

JUST WHISTLE HEY JIM FROM ESI CAN YA HELP A GUY OUT......:D