1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

VX series

Discussion in 'SnowDogg Snow Plows' started by cutbetterthanyo, Jul 26, 2010.

1. cutbetterthanyo

cutbetterthanyo Senior Member

I have tried a search and came up with nothing does anyone have a vx. you like it ?problems? Can you put it on a 2500HD ?

2. djagusch

djagusch 2000 Club Member
    from mn

I have an 09 2500HD Reg Cab 6.0 and it worked well with the 8.5VX plow. They had some hydro problems but Snow Dogg stepped up and replaced all the valve bodies out there to a new design. After I got that no problems what so ever.

3. cutbetterthanyo

you have any pics of it.

4. mr plowman

mr plowman Junior Member

we sold 20 of the v plows last year and only had the valve block problem that is all fixed now . it is a very quick plow for the size. I have to say buyers is very good about fixing problems everybody has them it is how you go about taking care of the customer Buyers is the best out of all the products we sell

5. cutbetterthanyo

you ever wish you got the 9.5 that is what i was thinking of getting i feel it will be easier to get close to things with the extra width

6. djagusch

from mn

Sometimes yes, sometimes no. My next will be the 9.5vx or the expandable one as I will be running more than one truck this year. I like the 8.5 for the bank drive thru's and some of my tighter work. The 9.5 or expandable one would be nice for the open parking lots though. There has been talks that Snow Dogg will be offering wings for the vx series plow which would be the best of both worlds.

7. N_Greenscapes

N_Greenscapes Junior Member

I'm looking to set up a new truck this year and I was wondering how you guys like these plows compared to a boss?

8. djagusch

from mn

I have not used Boss before. But the local dealer that mostly sold Boss till last year started carrying Snow Dogg's. He sold more Snow Dogg's last year than Boss and for the preorder this year has committed more Snow Dogg's than any other brand 2 to 1.

Basically the quick hydro's, feature's included, tech support, and price is the reasons he believes they are selling so well.

9. Jim@esitrucks

Jim@esitrucks Inactive

Hope fully the wings for the V will be ready by December...they are being tested now

10. G&T LAWN

G&T LAWN Senior Member

I have a 9.5 Vdogg and a 9.2 Vboss and the boss is 2yrs old and the Dogg is last year. I prefer the Dogg. Faster hydros by far. Trip edge blade is the only thing i wil purchase again. I thought I would hate the chain lift but as it turns out it stacks snow way higher then the boss. The only thing I like better on the boss is the smart hitch is a little easier. Nt enough to sway me back. Price, Speed, Trip Edge, Stainless Steel and the same Warrenty, buy the DOGG if you hae Dealer in the area.

11. N_Greenscapes

N_Greenscapes Junior Member

G&T LAWN, Thank you for your post that was exactly what I was looking for.

12. plowguy43

plowguy43 PlowSite Fanatic

Great post and great info right there.