1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

vx 85 Blinking 3x cannot figure out

Discussion in 'SnowDogg Snow Plows' started by split2ndnova, Jan 12, 2014.

1. split2ndnova

split2ndnova Member

Ok, so I have replaced the valves and coils on the unit. I had an old spare unit from the old recall. Nothing is working. I took the plow out of storage last week and the controller started blinking right away. I'm confused now, after replacing everything.

The plow works but when I hit right wing, they both move. Now I had this problem before the recall a few years back but it was fine last year. Not sure what to do. Is there anything else I can check? I need to figure out if this is the unit or the electronics?? Any info would be appreciated.

I must say that this plow is still one of the best investments I have ever made. There's a place by me that sells all of the main names and they claim that these plows are almost twice as durable as the others. I agree. The welds alone compared to the western are admirable. My plow has been very reliable. Not 1 issue besides this one. Why pay 3k more for a plow that does not measure up?
  2. plowguy43

plowguy43 PlowSite Fanatic

Sounds like it may be a controller problem. Have you reached out to Scott Mooreman? He respond's very quickly and guides you in the right direction every time.
  3. smoorman

smoorman Sponsor

If that is your only symptom, and the controller is blinking 3 times, it sounds like an electrical issue with the GREEN wire for the S2/S2B valves. When you hit RIGHT OUT, the GREEN WIRE should be hot. It sounds like it's not. This could be a truck side or plow side harness issue.
    Take a look at page 14 of http://snowdoggplows.com/ServiceManuals/16992920B.pdf .

Check at the grill connector for power at the GREEN pin with the plow disconnected (while hitting RIGHT OUT). If you DON'T have power there check your truck side harness to see if something got frayed/melted, etc. If you DO have power there, you can check continuity on the plow side harness between the mating pin and the green wire.