1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

vplow for f450

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by 93CobraCPR, Oct 7, 2004.

1. 93CobraCPR

93CobraCPR Junior Member

newbee here.

I have 01 f450 4x4 dually crew cab auto and down to Western 9.5 or Hiniker 9.5. Hiniker weighs in @ 1100# and wondering if that is to much?

My sister has a 8.5 Western 4 sale but is this to small (dually width is 8 ft 3 inch). I think when plow is angled that duallys may run in none plowed areas.

HELP!!!!!!

2. CENLO

CENLO Member

I have heard nothing but good regarding the mvp. I have a 2004 f350 deisel, crew cab and I am getting a 9'-6" mvp mounted tomorrow. (I know it's overrating the front axle :rolleyes: ) I am not too worried :cool:

I have a 2002 f150 ext cab 7700# gvw with a 8'-0" pro-plow and have run it hard for 3 years with no problems!

3. ratlover

ratlover PlowSite.com Addict
    from IL

I have a 9.5 fisher V on my 2500hd diesel chevy. Its all oked by fisher and I am all legal. A 450 better handle it. Fisher and western are prtty much the same blade. Great blades IMO.

I've been eyeing blizzards too lately and my next blade may be one of those

4. Boast Enterpris

Boast Enterpris Senior Member

93CobraCPR,
    Have you considered a Blizzard? I have Western Plows, love them. I think next time I will have to consider a Blizzard. :waving: BOAST

5. Dieselman19

Dieselman19 Senior Member

how much is your sister asking for her mvp plow?

6. Bolts Indus.

Bolts Indus. PlowSite.com Addict

93 cobracpr

If I had a 450 I would have the Blizzard 8611 on it.
    Then you would have something. Then you could take on the biggest commercial jobs around and beat the competition prices by at least 20%. Our next truck hopefully next year will be that. ( except it will be GM)

7. 93CobraCPR

93CobraCPR Junior Member

She is just offer it to me. She is going to trade truck in and offered me to buy. I'm thinking about offering $2500 for a 01 western 8.5 V.

Blizzard 8611 looks good but weighs 1400+ lbs is that to heavy for a 6000 lbs front axle?

Anyone know true weight transfer to front axle when adding plows weight out front? The front axle is the pivot point so it gains the plow and some rear of truck weight. I may be getting to technical but truck is DOT certified and believe safety for all comes first.