1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Vplow Coupler tower is tilting forward after I lift up plow.

Discussion in 'Boss Plows Discussion' started by qualitycut, Dec 26, 2009.

1. qualitycut

qualitycut PlowSite Fanatic

First my truck side mount kept going over the hook up on the plow when I tried to hook it up, Then I lift my plow and the tower will lean forward and lights shine directly in front of it. I added some fluid but I honestly done know what position it needs to be in to check it correctly.

Thanks in advance.
    Andy

2. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

If you running the hooks on the mount over the plow pins then either the plow is stored too low or the truck/mount is set way too high.

If the lift tower is tilting excessively forward once you raise the plow then it sounds like both attaching pins aren't engaged. Need to check that immediately or give more details...or a good pic of the mount/blade as attached.

3. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

Did you put a load of something in the back that it's raising the front end up to much?

4. qualitycut

qualitycut PlowSite Fanatic

They are both engaged i check that earlier, its not lean excessively forward and I have had the plow on for 2 years and never had this problem. When I raise the tower towards the truck with the toggle switch I can push the tower towards the plow also. Doesnt move supper far though. Sorry if doesnt make since I have slept about 6 hrs in the last 60 with all this snow we have got.

5. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

So the pins are through the holes? Is there something broken,like a weld somewhere.

6. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Make sure the mount and/or pushbeam isn't loose.