1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

vplow 9' boss or snoway ?

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself to the Community' started by mikeww, Nov 27, 2005.

?

Boss 9'V or snoway 9'V

Poll closed Dec 27, 2005.
  1. Boss

16 vote(s)
    72.7%
  2. Snoway

6 vote(s)
    27.3%
  1. mikeww

mikeww Junior Member

I want to replace my snoway 8' v plow. Can't decide between a snoway 9' or a boss 9'. Just added prowings to my 8'v snoway for a number of reasons.
    1- To see what a 9' plow would be like to drive around with.
    2-To see how they work.
    3-To see what a blizzard plow with power wings might be like.
    4-To see what the boss v with factory wings might be like.
    Plowed once with the new wings, so far seems like a must have.
    I know i need a Vplow no doubt. Use scoop and pusher position a lot also need to stack high and push over banks. (v-scoop helps gather and push farther out and higher in front of truck great for pushing off raised lots)
    Need to move a lot of snow from one end to the other.
    Read and hear bad on boss middle shoe and center tower hinge.
    But looks rugged and like the wings also I think it is supposed to be easy on off mount.
    Had pretty good service from my snoway for what i put it through and I understand they really improved the new models. CAN'T DECIDE HELP!!!

2. QMVA

QMVA Senior Member

Welcome to Plowsite:waving:

I have also heard stories about that front shoe getting ripped off however I saw that Boss came out with a new cutting edge that gets rid of shoe.

3. mikeww

mikeww Junior Member

Yes U are correct at a $400 option with no upgrade or trade in discount option for the one on the new plow & I understand the new moldboard will have to be modified (HACKED UP) next years models are supposed to be redesigned for this update.
    Maybe I should wait or go snoway, I want to get better not go backwards.

4. Detroitdan

Detroitdan PlowSite.com Addict

I personally like Sno-way better than Boss, but a lot of people here seem to think Boss is all that and a bag of chips. If I was you I'd give the Blizzard another look. I went to a dealer who sells Blizzard and Sno-way, asked about a V-plow. He was able to convince me that the Blizzard is far better than the V-plow for a few reasons, but the most convincing is that Blizzards get wider, V-plows get narrower. With my truck being a dually, I can't afford to get narrow. Even with a 9 foot plus V-plow, as soon as I started to put it in the V position, my outside rear tires would be in the snow. Check out the front page of the Blizzard homepage, there is an overhead view of a Blizzard outperforming a V plow.

5. The Boss

The Boss 2000 Club Member

There's a couple guys on here with Boss V's that have wings that are wider than a Blizzard 810.;)

6. Detroitdan

Detroitdan PlowSite.com Addict

really, even when put in the v position?

7. QMVA

QMVA Senior Member

The thing I like about the V over the Blizzard is its ability to stack in a tighter area. Straight blades just cant stack as high in a tight area even with wings. Also especially in my case sometimes I need to move a snow pile back and my 8' straight is just to wide and catches to much snow for my truck to move without getting a running start. Something that I know will lead to broken part.:gunsfiring:

8. fulltiltwill

fulltiltwill Senior Member

I would go with snow-way 28v municaple spec with down pressure. Beefier plow and still have that 5 yr warranty.