1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Vortec Mileage

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by MTCK, Oct 11, 2001.

1. MTCK

MTCK Senior Member

I was wondering what some of you guys with the Vortec 350's are getting for milage. Are you running autos or sticks, and what rear end ratios? What do you use the truck for, are you happy with the motor? Always shopping, thanks.

MT

2. ddm

ddm Member

I got a 2001 2500HD w/ 6.0 back in the spring. 4:10 rear end, usually around 11.5-13 is all I get. Doesn't seem to matter much if it's working a lot or just driving around.

Love the power increase over the old 350 chevy I had before, don't know what the hp increase actually is, but I haul 10,000# behind it fairly regular on an equipment trailer without any problem. I'd buy another tomorrow:)

3. Smither

Smither Member

I've got a '98 C2500HD with the vortect 350. It's an extended cab long bed. It has the 4L80E 4 speed auto, and 3.73 rear end. I get about 17 on the highway, and about 13 or so in the city. Don't drive it real hard though. This is unladen mileage.