1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Volvo Skidsteers

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by Brad3403, Apr 1, 2010.

1. Brad3403

Brad3403 Senior Member
    from Alberta

Anyone have any feedback on them??? Lookin at the M80

2. cold_and_tired

cold_and_tired PlowSite.com Addict

I have been running the 90 and 110 for the past two seasons. I also had a Bobcat S220 for the two years previous to that and I ran a CAT for about half of one season.

First off, the seat is great. It is more comfortable that either the Bobcat or the CAT. There is plenty of leg room in the cab and you don't feel cramped up after a day or night of sitting in the machine.

The Volvo machines have PLENTY of power, even with the pushbox attached and full. It is a relatively quiet machine but I feel that all skid steers could/should be quieter.

There are a few things that I really hate though. The newer machines have an "add on" air conditioner/heater unit mounted on top of the cab. This prevents the machine from fitting inside a standard height garage.

The vents for the heater are all right behind your head. The heater blows really hot but after a while, you are left with a sweaty head and frozen feet. The older 110 had vents down by your feet as well. It was a much better design and kept your whole body at a good temperature.

The location for the pilot controls is horrible. They are so close to the windows that you can't get full travel out of them. Dumping the bucket with the right hand and turning the machine to the left with your left hand are both slower than movements in the opposite directions. If you look at a pilot control machine, you will see this for yourself.

I can live with the bad things I just listed but Volvo does not make a two speed or a tracked machine. Those two things are keeping me from purchasing one.

As much as I love my dealer, I will probably have to look at another brand that has the two speed function.