1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Volvo L35b Pusher Recommendation

Discussion in 'Heavy Equipment' started by Cooter24, Nov 21, 2015.

1. Cooter24

Cooter24 Senior Member
    from NE Iowa

Just purchased a Volvo L35b. Has a Volvo coupler on it. Looking for Pusher recommendations. Should this be mounted directly to coupler or is it big enough for a backhoe box chained to bucket. This is our first loader. Have used bobcat brand pushers on skid steers before. Thanks in advance.

2. SHAWZER

SHAWZER PlowSite.com Addict

I would mount the box on the coupler . Gets rid of the weight of your bucket and keeps the pusher closer to the machine .

3. FredG

FredG 2000 Club Member

You definitely want to use the coupler lucky to have it. I think the volvo is a compact? What size pusher are you looking for 12ft or will it handle more?

4. Cooter24

Cooter24 Senior Member
    from NE Iowa

Yes, its a 13,000# compact loader. Was looking at 12'. Unless we do a LD13 Arctic. They want over $1000 for the Volvo adapters though.

5. FredG

FredG 2000 Club Member

If you don't think the 1k is money you do not want to spend get a 12ft bucket mount. It will work fine the coupler is just a nice option.

6. kagenewengland

kagenewengland Senior Member

not sure if you would be intested, but I could get you into a brand new 11' SnowWolf Ultra power angle blade with a Fastach box and Volvo iso coupler for $7,500.00

7. natedogg

natedogg Junior Member

You will be fine with a pushbox on that bucket. Ran that same setup for the really bad storm in Feb of either 2011 or 12, and the whole season for that matter. That things a little tank!! Check my profile pic!

8. 1olddogtwo

1olddogtwo PlowSite Fanatic

LD 13? I'm lost on that one.

The LD 12 is 13 wide if that's what ur reference is.

9. Cooter24

Cooter24 Senior Member
    from NE Iowa

Ended up with a 12' Optimus. Will try to post pics when all set up. Loader needs some minor work yet.

10. FredG

FredG 2000 Club Member

I'm assuming you went with the bucket mount? Is it a sectional or rubber edge?

11. Cooter24

Cooter24 Senior Member
    from NE Iowa

We bought a 12' w skid steer plate. Planning on taking skid plate off and making our own coupler brackets. The optimus is a sectional type plow.