1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Volume Dealers

Discussion in 'Ram Trucks' started by BlueRam2500, Mar 30, 2008.

1. BlueRam2500

BlueRam2500 Senior Member

Considering stepping up to an '08 with the 6.7/6 speed auto configuration. From reading other forums, some guys are buying these trucks at $10k+ off the sticker. It would be worth it for me to fly somewhere and drive the new truck home to save $10-12k. If any of you have done this, any help would be appreciated.

Also, I have never bought a vehicle out of state. What has to be done when I get it back to good old NJ? I would imagine that I have to take the papers down to DMV and pay the tax on it, but is that all I have to do? Thanks for the help guys!
  2. truckermatt

truckermatt Junior Member

when i bought my car out of state (IL) and i was in WI....... i only had the pay the taxes and then the title fee.
  3. Mick

Mick PlowSite.com Veteran
    from Maine

Depending on your State, but likely you will need to have a bill of sale so you can insure and register it before you fly out there. Otherwise, you'd need to haul it. For that, I may be able to help. But before you do that, visit your local dealer and see what they'll offer for a discount on an instock '08. Then it's a matter of finding a better deal out-of-state and calculate in the costs of getting it home. Figure in airfare, tolls, meals etc.
  4. truckermatt

truckermatt Junior Member

Oh, i forgot to add, that i had the dealer haul the car back to my house for free.... so i didnt drive it.
  5. tuney443

tuney443 PlowSite.com Addict

Sometimes you can get a great deal closer than you think.I don't know about Dodge, but GM offers a supplier discount.I got that on my '06 Chevy from a volume dealer 2 states away.Check on a Dodge site to check it out.I had to trailer mine home as they had no clue how to plate for NY.:rolleyes:
  6. BlueRam2500

BlueRam2500 Senior Member

Very true. They are opening a new dealer right by me, so I may go check it out and see what they can do for me. Will also check out the dealer who sold me my truck. I would imagine they want to sell all the big trucks due to fuel being so high in cost. Thanks for your help guys.
  7. 2003ctd

2003ctd Senior Member

If your willing to travel into IL, I know where theres a leftover 2007 6.7 6 speed, quad cab SLT white...Brand new listed for $46000.. There offering an $11000 dollar dealer discount, plus a $5500 manufacturer rebate..PLUS! 0% for 72!
  8. sno commander

sno commander PlowSite.com Addict
    from ct

thats a good deal 2003 ctd but i heard the early 6.7 's had issues with the dpf and all the software, i think you will be better off buying a 2008ussmileyflag
  9. duff daddy

duff daddy Senior Member

That dpf plugging up ive only seen a few with that and both were cleared up by us with one visit and took care of itwith the simple repgrogram and then put it in to manual regen and were fine. now one truck has 15k and hte other has 36k so they def drive and use the vehicles. as far as that 08 truck blueram2500 that auto tranny is HUGE!!! super super big its made by aishen which are used in commercial dutie vehicles all the time. and with working for chrysler and being on that side of the fence your local dealer is alot more willing to help you out in the future with possible warrenty issues and even when the vehicle is out, we can still help you. i work for a small town, family owned low key dealer; def not a volume dealer. if you can keep the business in town, owned, baught, driven, and serviced in town, your dealer will def appreciate you!
  10. BigDave12768

BigDave12768 PlowSite.com Addict

Um you are wrong the 2500 and 3500 have a 6 speed auto (68rfe) but it is NOT the Aisin tranny. Its a Chrysler tranny. you can only get the Aisin tranny in the 3500/4500/500 Cab and Chasis Models. So if you work for a dealer its not a Dodge dealer since you dont even have basic knowledge of them
  11. duff daddy

duff daddy Senior Member

not to start or take away from the post, i work for a chrysler dodge jeep dealer as a service advisor, not sales so i dont know the exact build/equipment specifications for each truck, i knew the 3500cc has them but i guess i made a mistake on the p/u set up. my mistake
  12. ctd992500

ctd992500 Senior Member

If you would decided to buy out of town you can get a 30 day temp tag from most dmv or transporter tags and of course just put your insurance on it. Thats what i did for mine. And my one friend who has boughten 6 or 7 trucks out of state has done the same thing. Somtimes your local dealer isn't always your friendly dealer. just my .02