1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Voltex contoler gone bad!

Discussion in 'Strobe Lighting' started by DAFFMOBILEWASH, Feb 14, 2012.

DAFFMOBILEWASH PlowSite.com Addict

Have a 54" light bar with take downs alley and traffic stick on the rear. There is three wires running the bar. A red white and black. My controler has an internal short and I want to re wire it on a toggle to have the same lights always come on or find a replacement. Any ideas.
  2. groundbreakers

groundbreakers Senior Member

yah buy whelen they last longer ...... grab a pic of wiring harness ... one is probably positive one is negative and the other is probably control wire .. take a pic first .
  3. nrplowguy

nrplowguy Senior Member

Yeah thats what you get for buying CHEAP!!!!!!
  4. BossPlow2010

BossPlow2010 PlowSite.com Addict

Someone already said that you shouldn't have bought it and they were correct! Red, white, and.black, one has to be a mode George might know which one. I dont though! You won't be able to get a manual because voltex changes controllers and everything like 15 times a year
  5. countryboy1365

countryboy1365 Member

post some pics and ill see if i can figure somethin out for u. not sure if voltex is the same as whacker tech but they use some neg and some pos switching.
    Last edited: Mar 15, 2012
  6. BrittAWL

BrittAWL Junior Member

You should be able to power the bar without the controller. However, if you really wanted a replacement controller, contact Voltex directly. I've heard people get the fastest response if they message Voltex via eBay.

Either way, good luck!