1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Voided warranty on a v-plow for going on a 1/2 ton??

Discussion in 'Hiniker' started by monislawnsnow, May 25, 2010.

1. monislawnsnow

monislawnsnow Junior Member
    from Iowa

I recently contacted my Hiniker dealer to inquire about putting a v plow on my 98 chevy 1500 and he said if i do so, they will automatically void the warranty on the plow, is there a problem with putting them on a 1/2 ton? I understand there would be more ware and tear on the the front end, but why would the warranty be automatically voided? Does anyone else have one on a 1/2 ton? If so, how does it do?? Sorry if this has already been asked.

CARDOCTOR PlowSite.com Addict

maybe you could put a boss 7.5 v on the front
  3. topdj

topdj Senior Member

I thought I was bad I put a straight blade 8' on my 1/2 ton I baby it :)
  4. 2COR517

2COR517 PlowSite Fanatic

Sounds like the folks at Hiniker have been to the most recent Douglas Dynamics "Boosting Profits while Decreasing Customer Satisfaction" course.
  5. My bowtie

My bowtie Senior Member

Same course as Fisher, boss western..ect. They all will void warranty if truck isnt rated for that size plow. Its BS IMO. Just a way not to cover the prouduct. Went to fisher to get a SS vplow on my 07 chevy. Fisher wouldnt cover the warranty..Funny thing is the Chevy dealer had same truck i have with SS fishers V's on the lot...
  6. topdj

topdj Senior Member

damn V plow is 798 + the mount weight that a lot for a 1/2 ton my straight 8 is about 614 plus the truck side mount.
  7. paulcar

paulcar Junior Member

Neither the dealer nor the manufacturer is concerned about you damaging the plow by putting it on a truck that is too small to handle the load. The concern is the truck. If you're being told that it will void the plow warranty, they're probably just trying to convince you in a roundabout way not to put the plow on that truck without insulting you or your choice of trucks. If you want to carry an 800 lb. plow around, then you should invest in a truck that was built to handle that type of load. Truck makers base their front axle ratings on all components including tires, wheels, bearings, springs and suspension, and perhaps most importantly--brakes. We've all seen the guys trying to haul 2500 lb. of rock in their Ford Ranger--same idea. You need a larger truck or a smaller plow.
  8. My bowtie

My bowtie Senior Member

I dissagree on the plow dealer trying to tell people nicely to get a bigger truck or smaller plow.. Its a way to deny warranty claims. Because a truck isnt rated for a certian plow because it too haevy for the axle ratings has nothing to do with the warranty on the plow.
    I have a 07 2500 reg cab long bed diesel. Fisher refused to instal a ss v on the truck. My chevy dealer had my same truck with the same fisher v's on the lot. I should have got the plow from the chevy dealer when i got the truck new, but I wasnt sure what i wanted to hang on the front at the time.