1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

vodka and meyers mix?

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by Jeffro, Jan 3, 2005.

1. Jeffro

Jeffro Member

went tp move some of the sleet today, cant wait for the snow ya know?

everything was fine. then the plow started only going to the left...so i figured i would put on the push button control i had bought.

to start with.why in gods name does meyers make a orange wire ground? am i missing soemthing here? thought they would always be black for ground? i hooked the orange up to power, focker didnt work! so i started doing searches on here.........someone said the orange was ground. oh yea.....before the search....had a cocktail to calm my nerves!

anywho...........thought i may have burned out the controller, but it was fine even after i put power to the orange, then finally grounded it!

push button is sweet...........will drop down and turn at the same time now...sweet.

absolute and pepsi seems to have helped the installation process :yow!:

2. 04superduty

04superduty PlowSite.com Addict

absolute and pepsi, hhhmm, interesting never tried it but it think i will.
    no snow here, just rain and sleet and flurries. aaaahhhh

3. RAYJAY

RAYJAY Junior Member

grey goose and diet sprite :drinkup:

the best ever

4. MickiRig1

MickiRig1 PlowSite Veteran

100 Proof Bourbon and Coke always helps my outlook on problems!
    Wiring diagrams downloaded on line might help a bit?
    Rain turns into sleet,then into snow,Dang I am drunk and It's piling up!
    Dang, Ohio weather!

5. jay77

jay77 Junior Member

hey i tell ya another goodern is grape capri sun and vodka . ya its kinda gurly but when ur desperate and no time for a licker run u gotta do wat ya gotta do . 1 shot of the good stuff to one pouch of grape capri sun and ur on ur way

6. 4speed

4speed Member

why would you contaminate perfectly good vodka with pepsi?
    If there is no plowing to do, just drink it straight the way it was meant to be enjoyed! If you absoluteley must go plowing then you should cut it with a little iced tea! :drinkup:

7. Jeffro

Jeffro Member

well, i do end up drinking it staright after the "problems" progress.damn nears anywho.

i'm been doing that atkins diet, actually i mix it with diet pepsi.....everything else has too much carbs

grey goose leaves me with a weird taste in my mouth the next day though

8. ToolMaker

ToolMaker Member

Let me suggest Diet V 8 splash with vodka , it will sneak up on you .

9. Jeffro

Jeffro Member

i do enjoy a bloody marry on occasion,i'll have to pick up some V8....thanks!

to think i had a plow problem at first :drinkup:

10. PackRat

PackRat Member
    from Kansas

Funny you should say that

As I sit here and read this, I'm tipping up a Jack Daniel's Lynchburg Lemonade.

Ya, a little bit less than a Jack&Coke, but not bad, for a weeknight. I'll save my Boulevard for my day off, on Thursday.

11. Ggg6

Ggg6 Senior Member
    from IL

A good old screwdriver- Orange juice, its not just for breakfast.
    Vodka tonic, now thats how Sprite should taste.
    Anyway, to keep this on topic. I have found that Meyer has always had some type of ******* issue. If it isn't the lousy motors burning out, then its the solenoids, then there is the infamous Meyer exclusive wiring issues. One of my trucks I bought I offered the guy $100 more if he kept the Meyers plow. I told him it was worth it to me not to have to deal with the junk.

Last edited: Jan 4, 2005
  12. Jeffro

Jeffro Member

yea, even though this is for my drive and a couple of the senior citizen neighbors, the problems are getting old. though, the plow itself is old. right now, when it;s cold, it only angles to the left,,,,if i warm it up, everything works fine. so far in the last two years, new motor, solenoids,all new power cables, hoses and quick disconnects, better mold board,(old one was rusted pretty bad) and i just put on the hand held controller, which is pretty nice i think. guess i gotta get a valve this year too. i might just buy all of them ,,,so then i should be good to go for awhile. also, i am taking the pump off next year,.i'm thinking it might be better to not have it in the weather when it's not necesary?

it's always better to buy new i think..i'm just broke as a joke :)