1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

VMD75 Elusive Leak

Discussion in 'SnowDogg Snow Plows' started by Turf Z, Dec 9, 2013.

1. Turf Z

Turf Z Senior Member

Got a brand new VMD75, having an elusive leak problem that I can't seem to figure out. Obviously I could bring it back to the dealer, but we're in the middle of a snowy week here and I'd rather not drop my blade off for a day or so if I can figure this out.

Anyways - I've check all connections and they are all tight. The leak seems to be coming from the back of the power unit (inside) as fluid seemingly comes out the holes on the bottom of the casing. Any thing obvious back there that could be leaking from inside? It isn't coming from the outside where all the hydraulic lines from the cylinders connect, also doesn't seem to be coming from where the canister/reservoir housing connects in.

Any suggestions? I've quick stopped by my dealer and they played with the plow for a good 5-10 mins and couldn't get it to leak, but after a night of use there's fluid that drips onto my driveway.

http://i.imgur.com/MQr8rnR.jpg (showing where the fluid comes from and it settles on the bottom of the power unit housing)
    http://i.imgur.com/IlGPG3t.jpg (front view - fluid seems to settle on the two connecting bolts and along the bottom of power unit; drips off these 2 bolts)
    Last edited: Dec 9, 2013
  2. djagusch

djagusch 2000 Club Member
    from mn

Take covers off. Have a helper run the controller. Look at all the plugs for a leak even by the coils. The orings can get torn and leak.
  3. CornerStoneProp

CornerStoneProp Senior Member

There is a screw in the front that controls the drop speed. Mine leaked from there brand new. I simply tightened the nut around the screw and it works fine now. Check there first.