1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Vmaxx questions

Discussion in 'Ice Management' started by TazLandscapes, Feb 21, 2009.

1. TazLandscapes

TazLandscapes Senior Member

I have a snowex 8500 vmaxx spreader. it has a v shaped piece of steel inside running along the auger. My question is can i remove that piece of steel because i am getting tired of climbing inside the spreader and moving all the sand from the front to the back.
  2. NLS1

NLS1 Senior Member

From what the website and brochure I have says, you probably ought to leave it in. My small snowex 575 would not spread bulk salt without the vibrator kit, it would just bridge and stick. As soon as I installed a vibrator kit, there was no chance of the salt sticking to the sides any more. Sounds like a similar problem, like maybe the vibrator isn't on, or isn't working as well as it should and isn't shaking the sand down to the auger. Just a thought. :confused:
  3. TazLandscapes

TazLandscapes Senior Member

The Vibrator stays on constantly.And Salt runs threw it fine. its the sand that i am having problems with.I am thinking of just cutting a few holes in it all the way down the steel piece so sand can get down to the auger better.

4. Workaholic

Workaholic Member

feel underneith that baffel. it may be a slip over salt baffel that they come with. If so that comes off and there is another smaller baffel under it for sand or wet powder salt