1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

VMaxx 8500 Problems

Discussion in 'SnowEx Products' started by Mr Bigblock, Dec 18, 2014.

1. Mr Bigblock

Mr Bigblock Senior Member

I have 3 8500's im having a problem with one of them. When the unit is empty the auger runs great when I first put a load of salt in their it runs great, after I have driven around for awhile and the salt compacts and settles it starts acting like theirs a auger jam the unit will try 5 times to go but then shuts off, the auger will move about an 1/8 turn each time it trys to go. So what I am asking is the motor now weak or is the tranny in it done.

2. dieselss

dieselss PlowSite Fanatic

I'd suspect the motor. Odd that it's don't do it all the time. Have you pulled the cover and looked at the motor and trans? Cked the trans fluid? Connectors?

3. Mr Bigblock

Well I pulled the motor off and I am going to get it rebuilt I will start their. If that don't work then it needs a tranny I guess.

4. Mark Oomkes

Mark Oomkes PlowSite Fanatic

5. ponyboy

ponyboy Senior Member

I have 5 if them one being 7 years old all original
    Stupid question but you have the metal plate inside covering the augar

6. Mr Bigblock

Yes I never remove it. Jc if I did one of my guys for sure lose their hand or arm, Don't need the MOL up my ass.

7. ponyboy

ponyboy Senior Member

Did you check the Amps going to motor empty bs loaded

8. TPCLandscaping

TPCLandscaping Senior Member

mine is doing the same thing. I pulled the motor off the transmission last night. I thought maybe the tranny was binding up, but when i pulled it apart it was moving freely. When i put power to the motor you can feel it kinda bind up. Thinking maybe a bad spot in the motor, not overly happy. This is its 3rd season. Im going to bring the motor to a shop tomorrow and have them test it.

Also i tested the voltage at the motor and its only getting up to 8 volts with the auger control turned up to 99, does anyone know if this is normal?

9. Mr Bigblock

I sent my motor in to get looked at they tested it said it was like new, and their was nothing they could do to make it run any better then it was. My tranny is moving freely, its not the controller as I switched it whit my other unit. So it leaves me to believe it has to be a connection, Damaged wire somewhere along the line.

10. TPCLandscaping

Your not making me feel any better here lol. mine was acting like it was binding up.

11. Turf Guy

Turf Guy Member

Change your auger bearings, that's what fixed mine. It's binding under load!

12. TPCLandscaping

Mine had the magnets fall off the motor

13. Mr Bigblock

Fixed as I suspected it was a wiring issue all the grounds had to be cleaned up. runs like new now.

14. ultimate plow

ultimate plow PlowSite.com Addict
    from N. IL

I figured. Its always a plug or connection most the time.