1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Discussion in 'Business Fundamentals' started by cameo89, Apr 17, 2010.

1. cameo89

cameo89 Senior Member

Hello all, I just made my order to vistaprint for my business cards and large door magnets, they will arive first of may.
    Has anyone on here ever ordered from them? if so how is the quality?
    Any other ideas for advertisement on a budget? pens, hats, shirts?

Now that I'm a little bigger in snow removal the past few years, I wanna get the word out.

Thanks for any ideas

2. keitha

keitha Senior Member

I've been using their business cards / card magnets, postcards, stampers.
    No problems. 6th year now. Quality is good, depending the options you choose
    color grayscale ect.
    Don't fall for the extra shipping they'll ship pretty quick anyway.
    Did the truck magnets at a local vendor... they didn't last long.
    Couldn't keep them on the truck. Once I get my dream truck then
    I'll do vinyl on it.

3. stan the man

stan the man Senior Member
    from maine

i got the signs and they could be bigger in size
  4. Mick76

Mick76 2000 Club Member
    from Maine

What Keitha said, Your wasting your time and money with the truck magnets..... They'll blow off..... After a few tries with them, I had had it and got my truck lettered! Best thing I could have done for my business ... as far as advertising, My business is on a very busy street and my truck does the advertising for me but I also have a roadsign that I'll put various phrases and specials on to catch peoples eye. I'm also in the phone book but doesn't work that well imo. Best thing I do is to cold call any business that I'm interested in plowing and ask them if their accepting bids for this upcoming plowing season. I've already started this, but for the most part, I get geared up late july and really hit the phones...

5. cameo89

cameo89 Senior Member

Thanks, I did the cheapest shipping, $50 order and $5 shipping,and I got the largest magnets, some thing like 12'' X 18'' and I got 2, one for each door, I thought about getting one for my tailgate but my Boss TGS1100 salt spreader takes up most of that area, and I ordered 750 cards, now I'm thinking about getting some hats, yard signs and maybe some pens.
  6. viper881

viper881 Senior Member

The hats are not nice. Atleast the one they sent me to try and get me to order hats from them. The pens are good. But go with vinyl, the door magnets dont stick after 2 times out plowing. They will blow right off.
  7. Chrisxl64

Chrisxl64 Senior Member
    from CT

yard signs are the way to go.
  8. Mick76

Mick76 2000 Club Member
    from Maine

12x18 imo isn't big enough
  9. cameo89

cameo89 Senior Member

Well there already printed and shipped, so for now they will have to work, I would have done vinyl but not on this truck, gonna wait and prob. get a newer 3/4 ton at the end of the summer, then I got a guy that does kisk @$$ lettering so I will just have to work with what I got now, but I'm for sure gonna order me some large yard signs.

Thanks for all replies

and I just got this email:IMPORTANT!
    A volcano eruption in Iceland has delayed FedEx Express shipments to and from Northern Europe. lol
  10. fordzilla1155

fordzilla1155 Senior Member

Last edited: Apr 21, 2010
  11. cameo89

cameo89 Senior Member

Wow thanks for the heads up, I will keep an eye on my credit card after knowing this! I just thought this morning about going to my local sign shop to get a price on yard signs, I guess I will just have to pay the extra few bucks and go local and hey I would love to keep my money in my community. anyways thanks again for the heads up.

My Fed-ex email said my order should arrive tomorrow 4-22-10, I hope every thing works out so I don't gotta get nasty with them or pay pal. :realmad:
  12. snowplowpro

snowplowpro Senior Member
    from NJ

:cool:hey guys i dont know vistaprint but i get my stuff from www.tdahworkshop.com
    i mean i just got shirts from them they are pretty nice and they make these plastic bussines cards no paper there pretty cool gonna get me some they have pictures on there website as far as magnets go i went to staples and they did them pretty quick and nice job they will show what they look like before you buy them.:laughing:
  13. cameo89

cameo89 Senior Member

Well good news, my stuff showed up today and it looks beautiful! and so so far so good! No new charges on my credit card! lol, got the signs on my truck and maybe I can get some pics up of them.wesport