1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Visor and Traffic LED Lights

Discussion in 'Strobe Lighting' started by BIGGB9, Feb 7, 2012.

1. BIGGB9

BIGGB9 Senior Member

Has anyone used visor and traffic LED Lights for there emergency plow lighting, It looks sweet but would it be to much flashing in the truck. Here is where I found them http://www.voltexlights.com/index.html Let me know what you guys think.

2. BossPlow2010

BossPlow2010 PlowSite.com Addict

My best friend has on in his truck because it's his POV for POC. It's alright, maybe if you talk to him you'll get a different view, but it makes a noise everytime it flashes, and I can hear every little thing and it bugs me. Now I'm sure one could get used to it, but not me!

3. BIGGB9

BIGGB9 Senior Member

I never thought of the noise it it could make, It would bug me too. I am looking for other options for where to put some lights other then the roof.

4. jhall22guitar

jhall22guitar PlowSite.com Addict

Strobes N More has the "Mini Phantom MAX LED Dash Light". I got two of them I put in the back window (just slid them behind the 2nd row headrests) And I am considering a 3rd for the front (Under mirror). They dont make any noise at all, they are bright, and they are defiantly worth the money!

5. plowguy43

plowguy43 PlowSite Fanatic

I've been eyeing those visor/traffic advisor lightbars as well from Voltex. They are all over ebay for about $100 and I want one mainly for a private road I plow. I like the amber/white because IMO the white has a much brighter flash than just Amber. I don't run on public roads with my strobes on so I want something (if at all possible) to get the attention of people approaching the area I'm plowing.

6. BossPlow2010

BossPlow2010 PlowSite.com Addict

You could do grille lights, or hide aways.

7. plowguy43

plowguy43 PlowSite Fanatic

Not sure if you were replying to me or the OP, but I do have Amber Hide aways in my reverse lights and front turn signals, Whelen 90watts. Also a small Amber/White LED Light bar on my roof.

8. BORIS

BORIS Senior Member

I have a voltex split visor light in a 08 chevy in front window. I do not hear any noise from it at all. I made my own flash shield for it out of sheet metal with a siding break and rivits. It took me a week of nights to get it just right and paint and install it. I can remove it and no holes will be visible. I do like it very much and it is very bright great front warning power. I found it on cl for 130 so i figured i couldnt go wrong at that price if i didnt like it.