1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Virnig Snow Blade

Discussion in 'Heavy Equipment' started by rlinhart, Dec 1, 2009.

1. rlinhart

rlinhart Junior Member
    from idaho

I am in the market for a snow blade for my skid steer. Does anyone have any experience with Virnig snow blades? They look like they are built heavier than anything else on the market. I am blowing about 1 1/2 miles of private gravel road and > 100" of snow per winter. The blower works great but is too slow.You can get a 96" Virnig blade for <$3k.
  2. Advantage

Advantage Senior Member

We have a 9' Virnig pusher. And yes they seem to be built very well. This will be the first season with it however so I can't attest to its effectiveness yet but am very confident. I also looked at the 96" blade and I think it would be a great fit if on a larger machine.
  3. Kenkreger

Kenkreger Member

Look good to me, good bang for the buck and trip edge too.
  4. djking

djking Junior Member

virnig 96

I bought a 96 Virnig last year and do contract snow removal. This blade is very well built and durable. I have it on my S250 bobcat and do about 100 hrs of commercial a year with it. I only draw back is that I didn't buy the side wings for moving snow long distances which was my mistake, They go for about $600.00 I'm told. Bottom line is I am not unhappy with the purchase (just took to long to move to it from the old bucket, old school)
  5. Kenkreger

Kenkreger Member

How could it not be better then a bucket or different pefromance wise then any other straight blade? Snow only trailing off one side. No need to dump at the pile. Wings could be easily built if you don't like the price.