1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Vinyl Truck Lettering Pics

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by LawnProLandscapes, Jan 25, 2010.

1. LawnProLandscapes

LawnProLandscapes PlowSite.com Addict

looking for ideas on colors/layouts to get on my truck. going to be trading in and upgrading my 2000 350 which is green(hate that color) and am going to try and stick with red trucks and maybe get blue lettering with a reflective silver outline on it. post pics if you got em of your trucks are lettered up .

heres something close to the color scheme im thinking i found on google .and a pic of the f-550 im looking to get.

2. WilliamOak

WilliamOak PlowSite.com Addict

Subscribing. I'm in the same boat with a red truck and lettering ?'s
  3. highlander316

highlander316 Senior Member

white, black (with white or silver outline), silver, yellow or gold would show up best. If you can get the lettering with flake in it, it would really POP in the sun light.
  4. JoeCool

JoeCool Senior Member
    from Canada

This is my line of work. If you squint at the pictures you will notice how quickly the lettering becomes unreadable. If the dominant color (white/silver/yellow or whatever) is the main letter and the outline is a less dominant color then it is better for readability. Sometimes the fancier and more colorful the less it does its job for you. I always suggest the KISS method but impact is also important so it is a balancing act. Simple graphics with the lettering like in the BEGGI one give it the appeal to do what you want. Cheers and make sure you give us pics when it is done.