1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

vin code brain tease

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by brain dead, Oct 11, 2001.

1. brain dead

brain dead Guest

Heres one for the books. I searched every possible sourse that I know of, to no availe no success.
    The sites I searched have been Chevy customer service-they built it,but have no idea/ auto pedia and got no where except found some other good sites. Hemmings motor news and struck out. Now its time for the guy's to do there thing.
    The vin number is:
    The clue for searching is I believe this animal is from the 1968 era. It belongs to the Good Humor family of vechiles.( P-10 )
    Any info on parts locating and not try truck or van parts cause most of what I need does not apply.
    P.S. American classics i.d.search came up with a 1976 year which is not right do to the fact that the rear axel is 6 lug 2 wheeldrive, and the vin tag under the dash is something of an antique.
  2. rottie

rottie Junior Member

Doesn't anybody know anybody with code books or a old coot down the street that might have a clue. where are the old dairy mechanics. How bout a company that sells old or reman classic van parts, like dashes or steering columns or maybe windshield wiper motors. come on guy's I need some help with this relic.:confused:
  3. thelawnguy

thelawnguy PlowSite.com Addict

Go to www.lawnsite.com and ask in the truck section. There are 10x the members there than here. Though some of us cross over, most do not.