1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Viking-Cives Rubber trip edge????

Discussion in 'Truck & Equipment Repair' started by Actioninc, Nov 22, 2010.

1. Actioninc

Actioninc Junior Member

Anyone have any experience with viking 10ft municipal plows with rubber trip edges? how do they work? does the rubber ever break?

the bottom of the moldboard has what looks to be the equivalent of a 6" rubber cutting edge bolted to the bottom. It has a steel cutting edge bolted about 2" below moldboard on rubber.:rolleyes:

2. Actioninc

Actioninc Junior Member

here are some pictures of the setup...

IMG00012.jpg

IMG00013.jpg

3. xtreem3d

xtreem3d PlowSite.com Addict

4. Actioninc

Actioninc Junior Member

well, this is the reason for the question. The manufacturer calls the rubber "an adiprene hinge" new one is $800

I got a rubber cutting edge for $260 and bolted the steel cutting edge in roughly the same spot as it was on the (broken) adiprene hinge.

I guess we will see what happens??? I think i need to roll that blade back a couple notches so the cutting edge isnt ending up at a backwards angle? or maybe that would be good for this sort of trip setup.... hard tellin not knowin :)

5. xtreem3d

xtreem3d PlowSite.com Addict

i saw in another thread you have a couple IH trucks , trying to get mounts on..if you need some pics i have an 82 1900 that was an old IL DOT truck with the mount on it that i could take some pics of
    steve