1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Views on this snow blower?

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by ford6.9, Nov 16, 2008.

1. ford6.9

ford6.9 Senior Member

2. pelt35

pelt35 Senior Member

blower

If you want an Ariens sno-blower, they are getting hard to get because their engine supplier(Tecumseh) quit making them. It was on the news last week.

3. ford6.9

ford6.9 Senior Member

Do you think that would be a concern when thinking of buying one?

4. pelt35

pelt35 Senior Member

sno-blower

according to the news report, Ariens wasn't give much advance notice form Tecumseh, and now they are scrambling to come up with an engine supplier, so inventory is going to be tight according to the article.

5. MileHigh

MileHigh PlowSite.com Addict

I would highly NOT recommend that thrower...

My friend used one last year and had many problems, just like me with my big box blower.

Many broken shear pins every night, and cutting edge would get used up so fast that it would damage the body of the blower. You would have to run the shoes up an inch for it not to damage the blower.

The thing would blow snow 40 feet through the air though.

6. ford6.9

ford6.9 Senior Member

Thanks,, Anyoine else? And if not this one something else in this price range and size?