1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Videos from our Season...So Far

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by cold_and_tired, Feb 25, 2012.

1. cold_and_tired

cold_and_tired PlowSite.com Addict

2. Banksy

Banksy PlowSite Veteran

Sweet videos. I love the little Komatsu for driveways. Nice old school Bronco too.

3. BOSS LAWN

BOSS LAWN Senior Member

4. cold_and_tired

That little Komatsu is the best driveway machine I have ever had, hands down. We have over 100 driveways to do in that HOA and we shaved an hour off our time by going with the loader versus using a truck. For the detail work, that loader will spank a truck. Open lots...well, that's why we have pushers.

I wish I could say the Bronco was mine. It belongs to a buddy that helps us out whenever he gets a snow day from work. He has swapped in Dana 60 axles and a 460. Now he just needs more weight for traction.

5. WIPensFan

WIPensFan PlowSite Veteran

Nice videos. Don't get mad, but is the loader operator new, or always that slow? Maybe it's just the loader that's slow? Not trying to cut you up, but a bobcat with the same plow would go 2x faster if that's the best the loader can do.

6. deere615

deere615 2000 Club Member

Nice. how do you like the buyers snow pushers?

7. BOSS LAWN

BOSS LAWN Senior Member

I disagree, I'm sure he was just trying to do a good job. When me and my guys are out there I tell them to take their time.

8. cold_and_tired

There's nothing wrong with the operator, he's been plowing with me for six years. The loader seems slow but it'll do 14 mph, about the same as a two speed skid. I watched the video again and I think he was just taking it easy with the heavy snow. Him and I built the mount for that plow and while we can weld pretty good, we are still pretty cautious with our engineering skills. It's always easier to slow down rather than breaking equipment.

We ran skids up until last year but found that the visibility, traction and articulation of the little loader gave it an advantage. The lease is also $400 a month cheaper.

EDIT: If your talking about the back dragging video, that's one of our bigger HOA's and they are 110% anal about their property. We try to keep the noise down as best as possible while we are in there and also try not to slam the blade onto the concrete.

Last edited: Feb 25, 2012
  9. WIPensFan

WIPensFan PlowSite Veteran

I would do a good job too, just faster. That's the wrong tool for that job, but yes it's probably faster than a pickup with just a front plow. Not trying to knock him or his video, I enjoyed watching them.

10. cold_and_tired

So far...I like them. I went back and forth between Protech and Buyers all summer and it honestly came down to price and dealer support.

Our local dealer carried Protechs until September then went to Buyers. I'm not really sure why.

One thing I hate is the new safety orange paint. I had another Buyers pusher a few years ago and it was a slick grey color that actually matched our company colors.

11. Dan85

Dan85 Senior Member

Nice videos!

That 310 can sure move some snow - and quickly! This year I'm running a Case 580 backhoe with a box on it, what a world of difference! Prior to that I've only ran a pick up plow and a Komatsu WA320 with a box. Given the choice in the future, I would probably choose a backhoe over a loader or a plow truck any day.

12. snocrete

snocrete Banned

X's 2....that ones my favorite.

That wheel loader is awsome, but I agree with WIP. We replaced 2 trucks (1 3/4ton truck w/9.2 boss V & 1 full size blazer w/ front & rear plows) with a skid and 10ft blade. It does the same amount of work faster AND better in a HOA we service.

Great Vids! Thanks for posting!

13. cold_and_tired

If you can do it faster, better and quieter...I've got a ton of work for you then. For us, that machine is our best option. It has much better visibility than a skid, especially when backing in high traffic areas. It is also much quieter and carries snow while turning better than a skid.

Hopefully our next storm is big enough to warrant getting the other pusher out as well. I have a perfect wide open lot and want to try going four wide.

14. tbyc

tbyc Junior Member

rear blower?

15. deere615

deere615 2000 Club Member

Ok thanks for the imput. I kinda like the new paint as I run bobcats so the orange matches them grey would be nice though because all my truck plows are stainless so everything would match then!

16. ryde307

ryde307 PlowSite Veteran

Videos look good. The triple push was god they moved alot of snow. Im suprise the Bronco was able to hang in there with the loader. It looked real wet and heavy.

17. snocrete

snocrete Banned

For the right price I'll be there 2moro Thumbs Up

18. dfd9

dfd9 PlowSite.com Addict

Nice vids, although the pusher on the Deere looks a little small.

19. cold_and_tired

I bet you would! You guys getting any snow yet?

It's a 12' pusher. That's the widest I want to go because we still have to road that machine from site to site.

20. snocrete

snocrete Banned