1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

video

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by BWhite, Oct 11, 2003.

1. BWhite

BWhite Senior Member

Has anybody seen the kids video titled "snowplows at work " . Is it any good ?

2. sno-mover

sno-mover Senior Member

never heard of it:confused:

3. snowplowjay

snowplowjay Banned

is it a video of Trains plowing????? Ive heard of something like that and it was all about snow plows on trains.

Jay

4. BWhite

BWhite Senior Member

it was sold at a website I was at . If I can find it again I will get you the info . Bill

5. slplow

slplow PlowSite.com Veteran

Bill, Is that the video called ''snow plows on patrol''? If it's any thing like the blizzard video, it would be fun to watch. After all we are all kids at heart. HA HA

6. windmill

windmill Senior Member

Is that the one called "Snow Day"? I just asked my kids and they were telling me that there is a movie with kids getting a snow day from school and the snow plow guy keeps coming around and wrecking all there stuff. I like it already.:)
    I think I saw some of it, very violent, I'm not sure if some of us are ready for that kind of exposure to proffesional plowing yet.:nono:

7. snowplowjay

snowplowjay Banned

Snow Day!!!!!!!!!!!! I own that. Heard about it being a snow plow movie and I bought it. The Oshkosh that is in the movie actually sold on ebay about a year ago.

Jay

8. gordyo

gordyo Senior Member

BWhite,

I actually bought that video a bunch of years ago so my kids would understand were it was dad was going when I left the house everytime it was snowing instead of going out back to make snowmen with them. It is actually a pretty good video and shows all sorts of equipment.

9. Mike 97 SS

Mike 97 SS Banned
    from U.S.A.

I have seen parts of that movie, Snow Day, but never actually saw all of it. There are a few snowmobiles in it too at one point in the movie! ;) There is another movie that has snowplowing in it, I think we all talked about it a few months ago on here, I think the name of the movie is Beautiful Girls?!? Chuck Smith would know, he is the one who told me about the movie and when it was coming on so I could watch it. Mike

10. GeoffD

GeoffD PlowSite.com Veteran

Beautiful Girls is a good one, brings a whole to view to "road rage"

Geoff

11. snowplowjay

snowplowjay Banned

I remember seing a snow plow in the movie Backdraft also. And theres another newer action movie where they drive a plow truck into a tunnel and theres a fight scene around it if im not mistaken. I just cant remember the name of the movie.

Jay

12. gordyo

gordyo Senior Member

I'm just full of plow video's. Seems I have that one too, its called Cumbres and Toltec Scenic Rotary Snow Plow and shows video over a two day period of a steam powered rotary snow plow infront of two 2-8-2 locomotives opening up the Cumbres Pass.

13. J.Henderson

J.Henderson Senior Member

WHat about the scene in Mystery Alaska where one of the star hockey players is about to get it on inside of a plow while plowing the towns streets and then, as delicate as I can say it, his ice melted.

14. Mike 97 SS

Mike 97 SS Banned
    from U.S.A.

Gotta bring this back to the top instead of starting a new thread. I was just flipping through the channels and landed on TBS Superstation and there I saw a beautiful thing. 2 red GMC TopKick dump trucks with orange snowplows on them, possibly Frink, plowing down the street, one angling to the left and one angling to the right. I was like, wow what movie is this?? After talking with Jay in an IM, he suggested I go look in the TV Guide, why didnt I think of that? Anyway the movie was Home Alone 3. Anyone seen it? It was at the very end of the movie a few minutes before it ended. Nice trucks and they were plowing fast, throwing the snow pretty far. Mike :drinkup:

15. Joey D

Joey D Senior Member

I was flipping the chanels today and when I hit one station a old F150. 76-77 with a small lift and a red plow, full trip, was ramming into a BMW pushing them into a snow pile. He did it about 3 times. The driver was Kevin Klien. The info guide was not working on the cable so I couldn't see the name. Anyone else see it?

16. BWhite

BWhite Senior Member

Vids

Jeff (gordyo) sent me the two plow vids he has . Snowplows at work( for kids) 2. The train rotary plow vid he mentioned . They were both good . If he gives me the word I will ship them off to anyone else who wants to view them or I will ship them back to him

Bill

17. Big Nate's Plowing

Big Nate's Plowing PlowSite.com Addict

I cought one on ebay a few days ago of trains w/ v's in canada. I bought it and it was nice... it kinda got me in the mood:D $7 if anyone wants it