1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Video: plowing with the dump and blizzard

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by PTSolutions, Jan 29, 2011.

1. PTSolutions

PTSolutions PlowSite.com Addict

2. PTSolutions

dang it looks good in 1080p!
  3. cet

cet PlowSite Fanatic

Looks great to me.

That truck is 2wd?
  4. PTSolutions

yep, the 4x4 of this model has black fender flares on the front. this truck was 27K brand new in 98.

heres the ballast, ~1ton of #57 river:

Last edited: Jan 29, 2011
  5. cet

cet PlowSite Fanatic

Nothing wrong with 2wd plow trucks. I've had 2 of them.
  6. Omran

Omran Senior Member
    from KY

very nice work man, and reasl good dump truck too.
  7. WIPensFan

WIPensFan PlowSite Veteran

Good video. I think you're getting the most ballast benefit from the tree branches really.;)

Those cars had to be there didn't they.:realmad:
  8. EGLC

EGLC PlowSite.com Addict

wow that truck sits lowww, does it bottom out a lot with the plow raised??
  9. The PuSher MaN

The PuSher MaN Senior Member

Thats what I was thinking, that blizzard mount must scrape.
  10. PTSolutions

it only bottoms out when entering a raised portion of a driveway or whatnot.

before we installed the blizzard, we put on heavier coils, spacers and timbrens and its still like that. this will be the last year this truck will plow. the bed is pretty bad so it will be replaced with a flat deck and used for fert during the summer and then a salt spreader in the winter.
  11. WilliamOak

WilliamOak PlowSite.com Addict

so which do you like more overall, the 9'2" XT with wings or the erie special 810?
  12. JohnnyU

JohnnyU 2000 Club Member

Obviously the VXT with wings. Power Plows are worthless.
  13. PTSolutions

i dont think i could make that call.

i have basically zero dealer support in my area for blizzard while my boss dealer is top notch. ive been trying to get another power shop to carry blizzard around here.

the quality and function of the boss beats the blizzard hands down.

put it this way. if i had to choose a plow once to plow a parking lot. id choose the power plow over the v with wings. but having to live with the blizzard, at least my area with no dealers, i prefer the boss with wings.

if the blizzard is a 100% id say the v+wings is about 95% of the plow the blizzard is, strictly based on performance.
  14. WIPensFan

WIPensFan PlowSite Veteran

Just to chime in and echo some of what ProTouch is saying. I have a truck with a 8'2"V and tailgate spreader on it. The truck I drive is the one with the 8611LP on it. These two trucks work together on one commercial account I do. Sometimes depending on the timing of the snow, I will plow this account at night by myself. I always have to salt it when I'm done. I will always plow with the 8611LP and drive back to the shop and get the salt truck to salt( 10 min each way ). I know this truck setup is not ideal, but I can't change it this year. The 9'2"V w/wings is bigger than my V I know, but once you use the big Blizzard, everything else seems small( I know I've said that before but it's true.) Sorry for the ramble but wanted to add what my experiences were.
  15. 54powerwagon

54powerwagon Senior Member

pro touch take a little drive east to newbury large blizzard dealer there .
  16. Brandon29

Brandon29 Senior Member

Good operator you got. Sweet video
  17. JpLawn

JpLawn Senior Member

A power plow will hands down out plow a V with wings any day. I don't own a V and I never will. Been running blizzards for 9 yrs. As long as you maintain them and teach your operators the proper way to use them they will last. V plows have there place, doing driveways... Would not want to use one on an open commercial lot.
    Last edited: Jan 30, 2011
  18. PTSolutions

19. Brian Young

Brian Young PlowSite Veteran

20. snocrete

snocrete Banned

X's 2Thumbs Up