1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Video of the new Volvo skidsteers

Discussion in 'Heavy Equipment' started by xtreem3d, Nov 7, 2011.

1. xtreem3d

xtreem3d PlowSite.com Addict

2. Peterbilt

Peterbilt Senior Member
    from IA.

I got to run one a few weeks ago. It wasn't to bad, WAY better than the Scatrack Volvos they replaced.

They still have some of the issues that the first and second generation JCB's have. (JCB builds the Volvos)

Over all it had a nice cab that was fairly well laid out. It had plenty of grunt going into a stock pile. Moved and responded well.

The down side. This ones door didn't shut all the way so it was a bit loud and dusty. It rode a bit rough. I also didn't like the fact that the front window doesn't open, so communication with ground crew, or poor visibilty due to dust and crap build up on the windshield bothers me.

I did like the track unit, but I think for my operation it wouldn't work to well. I would how ever would like to try one of the wheeled units for snow, They are supposed to go something like 12mph.

J.

J.

Volvo skid.jpg

Last edited: Nov 7, 2011
  3. xtreem3d

xtreem3d PlowSite.com Addict

didn't think about the front not opening up...how are they priced compared to the rest of the market?
    Steve

4. Peterbilt

Peterbilt Senior Member
    from IA.

I never did get a price, but I would assume that it would be on par with the rest of the equal sized machines.

J.