1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Video of Snow Exploding

Discussion in 'Storm Pictures' started by crewtracker, Feb 10, 2011.

1. crewtracker

crewtracker Inactive

2. Burkartsplow

Burkartsplow PlowSite Veteran

That is dangerous on part of the truck driver not to take care of that before hand. Just last week my friend was down in cincy and a huge chunk of ice came flying off a tractor trailer and hit his audi right in the windshield. Luckily he had extra strength glass on the front and it did not explode on him. It pushed the windshield in 12 inches and if not for the extra strength windshield he would be dead or seriously injured. He chased down the truck and pulled him over even after pooping his pants gettting hit by a chunk of ice going 70mph. That truck driver is an idiot for being so irresponsible.

3. crewtracker

crewtracker Inactive

wow! A friend of mine had the same thing happen yesterday to his car but not as severe, just a crack. He had the highway patrol pull him over. Pretty Scary!

4. Burkartsplow

Burkartsplow PlowSite Veteran

he was like good thing it was autobahn tested!

5. The PuSher MaN

The PuSher MaN Senior Member

I had a sheet of ice blow out of my pickup trucks bed. It was probaly 1 inch thick the whole area of the bed got loosened by a warm day, hit 65 on the highway and away it went. It came close to hitting a car behind luckily it didn't.