1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Video of new Vertex leds

Discussion in 'Strobe Lighting' started by sabres07, Oct 29, 2008.

1. sabres07

sabres07 Senior Member
    from buffalo

Ok...here is the video of my new Whelen Vertex leds. The video is of poor quality but you'll get the idea. Also, don't forget that they are installed inside of my BU lights on my 2005 Chevy, a very small lens with a very small reflector. I would guess that if they were installed in the front light housings, they would be even better. As you can see, they are more yellow than orange. At the very end, my new rear lights come on, too.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FMzkISfJFNA

2. 06HD BOSS

06HD BOSS 2000 Club Member

they look good, i havent seen them in person yet. just the nova hide-a-leds. im sure they get a lot brighter the farther away you get.

3. ColliganLands

ColliganLands PlowSite.com Addict

looks really good. suprising how the amber led looks more like a strobe behind amber elnsese. they must use clear leds with and amber cover?
    either way looks really bright and will definately catch attention

4. sabres07

sabres07 Senior Member
    from buffalo

These lights are amber LEDs behind a clear lens.

5. 06HD BOSS

06HD BOSS 2000 Club Member

clear leds through an amber lens would still look white...more or less

6. ColliganLands

ColliganLands PlowSite.com Addict

i guess. just on my bar the amber leds look amber. those look more like a strobe amber color.
    still looks really good just kinda of weird how they look more yellow than amber if you know what i mean

7. OSLIGHTS

OSLIGHTS Member
    from Florida

What? Are you sure? The Vertex ambers should be amber LED's behind an amber lens. They use the amber lens to correct the color, I am not sure why you would have gotten some with a clear lens???

8. sabres07

sabres07 Senior Member
    from buffalo

No, I mean that the LEDs are amber vertex LEDs installed inside of a clear back-up lens of my 2005 Chevy.

9. OSLIGHTS

OSLIGHTS Member
    from Florida

Ahh, ok, makes sense now.

10. sabres07

sabres07 Senior Member
    from buffalo

Just got finished putting in a relay so that the BU lights are out when the rear strobes are on. Had to do that because the BU lights washed out the LED strobes. Works great now.