1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Video of my truck at the pulls last night.... Did pretty good

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by Triple L, Jul 24, 2010.

1. Triple L

Triple L PlowSite Fanatic
    from Canada

Been doing alot of work to my truck lately... This run was by far the smoothest run I've made soo far :drinkup:

Took 4th Place!

04 LLY
    Flex-A-Lite twin electric fans, PPE sleeves, 250 amp alternator, PPE Hot+2 tuner, SPA EGT/Boost guages, Fass 95/150 lift pump, MBRP 4" exhaust and it plows in the winter :D

<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/IVbbV3wNQ08&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/IVbbV3wNQ08&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

Last edited: Jul 24, 2010
  2. JD Dave

JD Dave PlowSite Fanatic

Nice pull. At most local fairs you would have won but they seemed to have alot of hot trucks running the stock class there. I was looking for you last nigh, try answering your phone next time.:drinkup:
  3. Triple L

from Canada

Thanks Dave :drinkup:

Time for a built tranny.... I could have pulled in 4th in that run.... Truck hooked up so good I was out of rpms all the way down....
  4. GMC Driver

GMC Driver Senior Member

Nice pull Chad - I too was surprised to see how many "other" trucks they let in the class. Dissapointed I didn't get there in time, but I went home in one piece!

Good seeing you guys again. Lost track of both Chad (and group) and Dave near the end of the night - the Pro Mod class was pretty neat to watch. The I hit the road - had an early appointment this morning.
  5. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

The reason you did so well was you have a Boss plow for that truck
  6. Triple L

from Canada

I agree 100%

7. vincent

vincent Senior Member

Thats cool, but did you haul the truck there or have to haul it home?
  8. PabstBlueRibbon

PabstBlueRibbon Senior Member

Have you got to the promise land?
  9. Triple L

from Canada

Ya towed it there and back.... Its alot easier if you break something that way LOL

That was the closest I've gotten to the promise land... That was my first pull I was able to crank the tuner out to Level 5 (a 300 additional HP) cause I just installed that 150gph lift pump to support the high tunes the other week...

I think I'll try Level 6 next time :mechanic:
  10. Brant'sLawnCare

Brant'sLawnCare PlowSite.com Addict

Looks pretty sweet! I am thinking about entering mine, but I probably won't...

MIDTOWNPC PlowSite Veteran

is your truck winking at me?

looks good! nice run hope you dont get any rain tonight.
    do all chevy owners have hoists in their shop? do they throw it in when you buy one?
  12. Mark13

Mark13 PlowSite Fanatic

On the dmax trucks if you remove some parts of the airbox and then pull the passengers headlight out its almost a straight shot for air into the airbox.
  13. the new boss 92

the new boss 92 2000 Club Member

nice run, do you pull offen or is that you first one?

MIDTOWNPC PlowSite Veteran

well isnt that fancy. good job
  15. Mr.Markus

Mr.Markus PlowSite Fanatic

Nice!!! Saw ya haulin' into Town around 6:00 I worked till 8 ,didn't have the energy to get cleaned up and back out. (I hate weekend estates sometimes.) Wish I could make the money to play like that.

FSUPERDUTY Senior Member

Thats Why I quit pulling years ago,I drove my truck to work every day,plowed and pulled trailers with it and I was competing in the stock class against trucks that were trailered in.
  17. Pristine PM ltd

Pristine PM ltd PlowSite Veteran

I think alot of guys trailer them in because they like being sure that they have a ride home. Sometimes things happen when you are pulling...
  18. Triple L

from Canada

HAHAHAHAHA, Your funny!

Ya I've pulled quite a few times.... You dont drop that much money in your truck just to see if you like pulling...

I seen you going the opposite way.... I was like Hay, I know that guy... I bet 2 bitchin chevy's was pretty had to miss ah LOL :drinkup:
  19. Quality SR

Quality SR PlowSite.com Addict

Nice pull Chad. How do you like the PPE? I am looking at the Standard. How often do you have it on level 5?
    JD, do you have a video of your pull?
  20. Triple L

from Canada

Level 3 is my favorite tune (150HP)... I run my truck with that tune all the time, plowing, towing, everything... Level 5 is pretty much just for the pulls, When you lay into it its stupid rediculus how much smoke it pours out... To the point its dangerous for the traffic behind you....

JD Dave had a great pull yesterday that I missed by less then a minute... Sorry again Dave