1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Video of my strobes....

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by mcwlandscaping, Dec 30, 2006.

1. mcwlandscaping

mcwlandscaping 2000 Club Member

Finally got a vid up of my strobe lights....posting this mainly because i didn't bring my truck up to the PS new england meetup. So guys, check it out.....ide like to do one more strobe in each corner, finishing filling the front of my lightbar, and two on the bottom of the backrack. Those all won't happen but, thats what i want. The extra strobe in each corner will come first! Two are going in tomarrow!!! Who knows when the rest will happen. Just my plans for sometime in the future.

YUP! I LOVE STROBES & LEDS....enjoy!

<embed width="430" height="389" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" src="http://s128.photobucket.com/player.swf?file=http://vid128.photobucket.com/albums/p169/mcwlandscaping/MVI_0910-1.flv?t=1167537305"></embed>

2. jce4isu

jce4isu Senior Member

that is sweet

3. jmurphy

jmurphy Member

Awesome!!!xysport

4. pinepointe

pinepointe Senior Member

Nice setup, I love strobes do they blind you in a heavy snow?

5. mcwlandscaping

havn't gotten any heavy snow yet.lol..but will let you know how they do when we do get some.

6. Dodgetruckman731

Dodgetruckman731 Senior Member

Thats so sweet, they look good, i wish i would have got the hidaways for x mas.

Chris

7. JohnnyU

JohnnyU 2000 Club Member

You'll hate the strobes in heavy snow. I went back to a rotator after running strobes up on a headache rack last year.

8. kemmer

kemmer Senior Member
    from NJ

is that snow on the ground?

9. ChEc0

ChEc0 Member

nice setup man

10. 06HD BOSS

06HD BOSS 2000 Club Member

Looks good man. wanna come wire my truck?:cool:

11. J29

J29 Senior Member

Strobe Flashback

MCW,
    Be prepared for some flashback during heavy snow. The fact that you only have two strobes in the front of the bar wont make it as bad. When I had my old mini-edge bar, I could tolerate it, but now that I have the full edge bar, with 4 strobes in the front, I have to turn them of when we get that real heavy snow falling. It may help that you have them on comet flash, I use the action flash and I think the more on time of the strobes hurts me in terms of flashback. Sorry, don't mean to make this sound like a negative post, I really like your setup. Looks like you have a nice truck there. What mode did you have your camera on during that video, cause I tried that once and had a problem getting all the strobes flashes to show up on the video. Yours has every single flash. J.

12. Embalmer

Embalmer Senior Member

I agree. Used to ride with my dad, and he ran a 8 strobe partiot bar, and the glare back killed me, almost like those jap cartoons that causes seizures. Also why I resorted to the excalibur with rotors, as the glare doesnt get to you, or people following behind for that matter. but thats just me.

13. Jpocket

Jpocket Senior Member

I like the set-up, but I think it is TOTALLY OVER KILL. Your light bar up top is more than enough in the way of lights.

It is really nice, but Damn just don't see how it's practical. At night almost any decent flashing light can be seen from a distance. I can see the advantage to having the high power lights during the day time as most basic Strobes and rotators are pretty dull during daylight hours.

14. THEGOLDPRO

THEGOLDPRO PlowSite Veteran

haha yea seems a bit overkill, but nice none the less.

15. JET enterprises

JET enterprises Senior Member

sweeeeet
    i dont agree with any of them :bluebounc

16. jazak

jazak Member
    from NJ

Looks VERY nice MCW; great job.:nod:

17. ADMSWELDING

ADMSWELDING Senior Member

Those look cool but i,m sure anyone that saw my welding rig with 42 leds knows that i,m a fan of overkill with lights.

18. DeereFarmer

DeereFarmer PlowSite Veteran

Overkill light are the best. Looks great Mike.

19. Elwer

Elwer Senior Member

LOOKS GREAT....Be prepared to be seen from miles away!!!!

20. mcwlandscaping

thanks guys for all the compliments, and JET, very nice finally meeting you last night......the way that it is wired and switched i have a lot of control as to which lights are on at one time.....front hideaway..back hideaway...back bar...front bar...full bar...all sepearte switches that can be turned out by themselves or a combination of several making it so i can set the strobes to a pattern where i can see while also being safe.

Strobes are like my hobby, the more the better, as long as it's done tastefully, and that makes it kind of like an art form. Sort of like the guys that go ALLLL out on their car a/v systems. ADAM, yes, your trucks was AWESOME!! lol

With some good advice from blue line enterprises on here, im becoming able to do my own strobe work which is really nice!!!

J29...i did this with my cannon powershot sd350 (i think those are the right numbers) in video mode! seemed to work nicely!

Last edited: Dec 31, 2006