1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

VIDEO of my new Sound Off Pinnacle lightbar

Discussion in 'Strobe Lighting' started by yamahatim, Feb 23, 2010.

1. yamahatim

yamahatim Senior Member

Last edited: Feb 23, 2010
  2. SafetyLighting

SafetyLighting Senior Member

Tim, That's a SoundOff Signal Mini-Pinnacle, not a ShoMe.

Great videos though.

3. yamahatim

yamahatim Senior Member

Yeah, I need to fix that.

4. maelawncare

maelawncare Senior Member

I love mine. I also like the flash patterns way better than my whelen. I just wish they made a mid size one. All they make is this tiny thing and a full size bar. I want like a 30" version.

5. yamahatim

yamahatim Senior Member

I thought the video's sucked in quality...lol

I am going to do one with my good camera, and label it. I will send it to you if you want it for your website.

6. yamahatim

yamahatim Senior Member

It is a little smaller than I thought it would be, but it looks great on the truck, same width as my rear brake light. Plus it throws out alot of light and has great 360 degree visibility. It has a big bar flash in a compact package.

The 911EP 360 Star I have, or am selling, or have sold...:dizzy: is a bright little sucker too, about even in intensity as this Sound Off.

7. SafetyLighting

That would be awessome Tim, thanks. I don't have a video camera yet.

8. SafetyLighting

The standard Pinnacle starts at 36", a lil bigger I know, but they are great bars.

9. Too Stroked

Too Stroked Senior Member

Interesting. I finally watched all of the videos and thought that the halogen rotators actually had more "pop" to them. Maybe it's just me though.

10. SafetyLighting

I agree Too, but I think it's because there is so much off time.

11. yamahatim

yamahatim Senior Member

The halogens do have more pop, however, when I video them again, I will do it at the same angle, makes a difference. I like the light output of the LED's, and I think the variety of light patterns can create the same effect or attention that the halogen does with that "pop" effect. Plus the LED looks nice, clean and sleak, the other looks Mayberry Barney.

12. Too Stroked

True, but I think it alwso highlights another issue with LEDs in that they're still quite directional. If you're looking at them from the correct angle, they can be quite bright, Just a few degrees off from that though and the effect diminishes. Rotators have a similar issue, but a broader range one can work within. I always make sure I mount them as close to level as possible. Same goes for LEDs.

13. maelawncare

maelawncare Senior Member

14. ultimate plow

ultimate plow PlowSite.com Addict
    from N. IL

Solaris optics make the led lights super bright at any angle. Not directional like gen 1 and 2 leds. Nice lightbar yamahatim. Its real nice and low profile.
    [​IMG]

15. yamahatim

yamahatim Senior Member

Ditto on the nice lightbar ulitmate plow!

16. Too Stroked

Nice light bar and I agree that the Gen 3 LEDs are much better. My Star light bar has all Gen 3 LEDs, but I swear they're still somewhat directional. The only LEDs that I've seen that seem to solve this problem are Whelens. I think that's due to the fluted lens they run over the LEDs. Maybe Safety Lighting (John) can shed some light on the subject?

17. yamahatim

yamahatim Senior Member

From the Sound Off Signal website:

The Sound Off Pinnacle Series Lightbars feature exclusive Fusion Technology optics. Fusion Technology fuses the wide angle and light output aspects for a super, wide angle output that blasts the light farther than any other light.

It is impressive.

18. SafetyLighting

Thanks, I designed it myself. LOL.

Ultimate - Is that a 48" bar?

19. ultimate plow

ultimate plow PlowSite.com Addict
    from N. IL

45" ......

20. SafetyLighting

oh.........