1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Video of Kubota Pushing

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by merrimacmill, Jan 20, 2010.

1. merrimacmill

merrimacmill PlowSite.com Addict
    from MA

Grabbed this clip last storm of my new Kubota M7040 pushing a 10 foot pusher full of heavy, wet snow. Stacking was pretty difficult with the weight of the snow.. I am putting together a lot of clips for this years plow video.

<object width="560" height="340"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/OBIqhpDJZ6g&hl=en_US&fs=1&rel=0"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/OBIqhpDJZ6g&hl=en_US&fs=1&rel=0" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="560" height="340"></embed></object>

MIDTOWNPC PlowSite Veteran

that does look heavy.

very nice tractor... I really want one
  3. ColumbiaLand

ColumbiaLand Senior Member

Awesome Video. Wheres the big ballest box for better traction?
  4. merrimacmill

from MA

Its on order! :nod: I definitely need it. The powdery stuff it handles fine, but this was a bit of a challenge with having to constantly feather the loader to push it. But she prevailed in the end.
  5. JD Dave

JD Dave PlowSite Fanatic

Looks good!....
  6. mike psd

mike psd PlowSite.com Addict
    from pa

sweet vid man !!!!!!!!!!!! listen to that turbo :nod:
  7. sno commander

sno commander PlowSite.com Addict
    from ct

very nice, whats that machine weight ?
  8. bplaisted

bplaisted Junior Member
    from maine

does that have loaded tires. its the best thing you can do to them.
  9. DareDog

DareDog PlowSite.com Addict

any more pics of tractor its sweet!!
  10. mullis56

mullis56 Senior Member
    from Indiana

What are you saying loaded tires? That tractor is sweet, is the pusher the quick coupler like a skid steer?
  11. skidooer

skidooer Senior Member

12. EaTmYtAiLpIpEs

EaTmYtAiLpIpEs 2000 Club Member

Nice loader. Is that by any chance Mike taking the video?
  13. snocrete

snocrete Banned

Very Cool!!!!! Love seeing machinery workin. Seems to handle that 10fter pretty easy. Why not throw a back blade on instead of a ballast box? It could act as ballast when not in use it, and also come in handy for pulling out loading docks and what not.
  14. bplaisted

bplaisted Junior Member
    from maine

i used to work at a kubota dealer. we would use a citris type fluid. about 11 pounds per gallon. just about every tractor we sold went out with loaded tires. dont use calcium it rust away the rim
  15. merrimacmill

from MA

The tires are filled with some sort of product made for filling tires. I had it done before delivery. I plan on the purchase of a Ebling back blade for it this summer or so, already talked to JD dave about it. But it just isn't in the budget this season since I've had to make so many other purchases. And the $6,000 a month in salt doesn't help :dizzy:
  16. snocrete

snocrete Banned

totally understand.....it seems from reading some of your other posts, lots of purchases have been made in a short time for you as it is. Sounds like things are going good for you....good luck, and congrats.
  17. Triple L

Triple L PlowSite Fanatic
    from Canada

I cant belive how good it pushes for only being 67 or 68 hp....
    Too bad its not a 4720 deere ;)
    Very cool :drinkup:
    Last edited: Jan 21, 2010
  18. silvercity

silvercity Senior Member

I am suprised it pushes that 10ft as well as it does. Looks good.
  19. merrimacmill

from MA

Thanks, ya it really doesn't have to much problem with the 10 footer. Ballast on the back would be nice when it gets real heavy snow, and I already have a box on order for it.
  20. Brant'sLawnCare

Brant'sLawnCare PlowSite.com Addict

That's what I was thinking :p It was making me drool!