1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Video of DC Snow Removal

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by Krider, Feb 6, 2010.

1. Krider

Krider Junior Member
    from MA

Now we know why it is so hard for them to move all of this snow, just look at the first truck in this video...I think it might be time for some new trip springs!

<object width="560" height="340"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/PHyDxcbZH0Y&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/PHyDxcbZH0Y&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="560" height="340"></embed></object>
  2. Jello1

Jello1 Senior Member

Lol, yeah i'll second the opinion on needing new trip springs.
  3. santaclause

santaclause Member

thats quite a show those little single axles trying to push the wet heavy **** with no sanders in the back hardly must be really something need a good good nys dot double winger int S series that will show them how to move snow or an old walters
  4. lumps

lumps Senior Member

New trip springs? Looks like his just aren't hooked up, haha.
  5. allcraftsmen

allcraftsmen Junior Member

That's just embarrassing to watch.
  6. Brian Young

Brian Young PlowSite Veteran

I like the tiny standard duty Meyers on a 3/4 ton there. I wonder how plowing 20+ inches of snow with a short plow is going. :laughing:
  7. Outd00r Maint..

Outd00r Maint.. Senior Member

thats crazy
  8. cold_and_tired

cold_and_tired PlowSite.com Addict

How many inches of snow does DC see a year? Some of those operators didnt quite look like they knew what they were doing.
  9. Lugnut

Lugnut Senior Member

Works good for him since hes cruising around with it raised anyway! :laughing: Seriouosly though, I wonder if the guy in the first truck said the hell with it, im gonna run the plow like this, or if hes on his way back to the shop...obviously he has to know somethings not right no matter how much experience he has (or lack of given his area). Just kinda funny how that made the news clip
  10. Brian Young

Brian Young PlowSite Veteran

Good call! lol. My old POS Meyers did that even when it had new springs. Thats what happens when you get a lot of wet hard packed snow and try to scrap it up. Ive seen other big municipal type plows fold over very easily.
  11. BSDeality

BSDeality Senior Member

you don't need a snow foil when its tripped like that :)
  12. DJ Contracting

DJ Contracting PlowSite.com Addict

Ok well I wish somebody was talking about my plow or whether or not I
    I was equipped to handle that snowfall...but no I'm just sitting here watching videos on plowsite LOL LOL ugh
  13. boltzrlandscape

boltzrlandscape Junior Member

I agree... I was hoping some of that storm would spread some love to northern NJ and give me something to plow. I was in the 4-6 in range all night and got 0...not even a flake:mad:
  14. Lugnut

Lugnut Senior Member

yea talk about depressing...guess ill have to go out with some friends tonight like a normal person now lol
  15. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

Their top men are on the job now.

16. Krider

Krider Junior Member
    from MA

So two more things I noticed... look at the plow on the orange GMC... that also looks like a pretty light duty plow for that truck. Isnt that a Kodiak or 6500? Also if you look, in the video, they never plow any of the intersections. Always blades up until they get through the intersections. Maybe that's how they plan to keep people off of the roads. :waving:
  17. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

That's common. If they are State roads,town roads or county roads they pickup the plows until they are on their own roads.
  18. mayhem

mayhem PlowSite.com Addict
    from Peru MA

I think the DC area averages like 15" or so a year, so be nice...they just got double their annual snowfall in one day.
  19. 4x4Farmer

4x4Farmer Senior Member

huh, looks like our puplic works guys, always driving around with the plows up, and the boxes up on there trucks hitting bridges, lol.
  20. sno commander

sno commander PlowSite.com Addict
    from ct

i see public works plows laid down like that all the time here. i think some of them just have one huge trip spring.