1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Video - March 7, 2011 Central Maine Ice Storm

Discussion in 'Storm Pictures' started by mercer_me, Mar 8, 2011.

1. mercer_me

mercer_me PlowSite Fanatic

Central Maine got a small ice storm yesterday so, I took a video of all the ice. It's a pretty good video and it shows alot of down trees and alot of ice. Go to http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tffnIn3oYuE to watch the video.

2. mercer_me

Hear are a few pictures I took yesterday.

The Tundra rite before I put the plow on.
    [​IMG]

The Tundra's grill and Toyota logo.
    [​IMG]

The Tundra front whole end.
    [​IMG]

The Tundra's diver's side door.
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 8, 2011
  3. Squires

Squires Senior Member

Ice storms suck, went to work saturday night it was 5 deg and raining, sunday morning it was -8 and snow, had about an inch of ice build up around the wipers
    Veteran, good job:drinkup:

4. mercer_me

The Tundra is my Dad's and he is the Veteran. He was in the Air Force for 4 years. I just do all the plowing.

5. OrganicsL&L

OrganicsL&L Senior Member
    from Maine

Glad we got all rain down here on the coast!

6. joey7599

joey7599 Senior Member
    from MA

Do you drive the tundra more than your dad

7. mercer_me

Ya, I drive it alot more then he does. It has 12500 miles on it and I'd say I put around 8,000 of them miles on. But, it's parked quite often becouse he has a car that he drives back and forth to work and I have a Ford Ranger that I drive most of the time.

8. snocrete

snocrete Banned

Good video Thumbs Up.....Ice storms can be dangerous, but always make for some really unique & cool looking pictures.

9. mercer_me

That's very true. The town still hasn't hired anybody to cut all the trees that are hanging out in to the roads. They are relying on the town's people to do it them self wich isn't working very well. There are a few spots that were impasible so somebody ended up cutting the trees out of the road. I cleaned up a tree on my road. It was a pretty good size Maple so I hooked a rope to it and dragged it down the road to my house. Then I cut it up for fire wood. But, there is still ALOT of small Birch trees that are hanging in the road and nobody is going to clean them up for free becouse there is no good fire wood in them.

Last edited: Mar 9, 2011
  10. John Mac

John Mac Senior Member

You gotta love the Maine accent when you spoke! I used to spend summers in Hancock Point, Bar Harbor and father was born in Brewer. Brings back memories listening to you speak.

11. aperfcrcle

aperfcrcle Senior Member

haha it almost sounds like a Boston accent.. or BASTAN accent lol

12. mercer_me

No, It's a Maine accent. I'm not a Masshole. HAHA