1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Video from Saturday Morning.

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by bowtie_guy, Jan 13, 2008.

1. bowtie_guy

bowtie_guy Senior Member

2. mike psd

mike psd PlowSite.com Addict
    from pa

sweet video man nothing beats a turbo whistling all night :nod: BTW what type of backup lights do you have very bright !!!!!!!!!

3. 02DURAMAX

02DURAMAX PlowSite.com Addict

I love that turbo whistle on that duramax!!!...its loud as hell!!

4. bowtie_guy

bowtie_guy Senior Member

The backup lights were purchased from a local parts store. They were in the truck area for big trucks. wesport

5. deere615

deere615 2000 Club Member

Awesome video, That truck looks and sounds great!

6. mike psd

mike psd PlowSite.com Addict
    from pa

any idea how makes them ?

7. Runner

Runner Senior Member

I love the low key comment in the first video..."I want one." :)

8. RedneckPlowGuy

RedneckPlowGuy Senior Member

hmmmmm, i have a feeling that duramax has more done to it than just EFILive.........

care to fill us in bowtie guy?

9. bowtie_guy

bowtie_guy Senior Member

LOL, yeah actually it is said more than once throughout all the video he took of my truck that night. Got a good chuckle listening to it.

Mike I will figure out what brand they are and post back.

10. bowtie_guy

bowtie_guy Senior Member

Well actually there isn't much more than efi live which is only tuned to about 60 extra horse right now for winter. Truck does have a 4" downpipe back exhaust to a 5" cross over pipe in the box which then blows the exhaust up through 5" mitre cut stacks. Allison tranny has been removed and rebuilt with new clutches, transgo jr shift kit and triple disk stall converter. That is all there is for performance mods as of right now.

The truck does need a set of lift pumps because when running the 1/8th mile it starves for fuel just before the top end of the track. Before doing the tranny it ran a 9.08 @ 79 MPH in the 1/8th. The following monday I blew the tranny in it which made me build the tranny sooner than later.

Lots of things on the wish list but that is it so far. Exhaust is a large reason for the turbo being so loud I think. First time I've heard it, next time out I'm going to have a buddy run the truck so I can actually listen to it.

11. DJ Contracting

DJ Contracting PlowSite.com Addict

I like the truck seeing how you use the truck to stack snow instead of the backhoe :confused: Just wondering if you guys ever got to close to the buildings with the boom of the backhoe?

12. RedneckPlowGuy

RedneckPlowGuy Senior Member

suprised theres not more done to it. my truck mods are all in my sig right now. Im about to add a straight pipe 5" exhaust to it as well as 150hp injectors and a programmer called the "smarty" which is somewhat similar to EFILive. Only thing is it adds a top of about 65hp and does all its work on the bottom end of the power band. Whats the performance setting you run with EFILive and about how many HP is it over stock?

13. M&P

M&P Junior Member

nice videos, that CAT is cool with the plow

14. plowman4life

plowman4life Senior Member

we wanted to do the plow on the cat but for us it makes more sense to use a box.

15. bowtie_guy

bowtie_guy Senior Member

Well I was doing the entrance so he went and started there. Once I got there my buddy figured he'd let another guy try the hoe, hadn't tried it previously so they kept pushing and I decided I'd try stacking some of it. Afterwards he came and piled it up more..

16. bowtie_guy

bowtie_guy Senior Member

I like the sound of a cummins str8 piped. This past summer while @ a event there was a Mustang dyno. I ended up with 345hp and 762ft lbs of torque @ the rear wheels.

A stock LBZ dynoed @ 316rwhp and 526ftlb.

As you can see my tune is more of a torque tune right now. Since that dyno run I've changed my tuning a little. Also I have to adjust some fuel pressure yet.

Here we go, before I had stacks. http://rides.webshots.com/video/3069475910067906029pDHnMe?vhost=rides

17. DJ Contracting

DJ Contracting PlowSite.com Addict

I thought something wasn't right, it looked like he started raising the blade to soon.

18. EGLC

EGLC PlowSite.com Addict

What model is the CAT?

19. bowtie_guy

bowtie_guy Senior Member

It's an 08 420E IT :drinkup:

20. JD Dave

JD Dave PlowSite Fanatic

Nice Vid. That Cat sure is shiny!!