1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Vibrators -- Saves Time & $

Discussion in 'Ice Management' started by kingriver, Mar 28, 2006.

1. kingriver

kingriver Senior Member
    from alaska

Wanted to get my experience out their for anyone who is having problems with material flowing in their spreaders. At first I like most was alittle hesitant at spending $$$.$$ and not knowing what kind of outcome to expect. Well let me tell you ALL that (Karrier Co.LLC) makes a superior product. We installed the units per installation sheet and are totally satisfied with the investment. THEY REALLY DO THE JOB !!!!:cool: :cool: :cool:
  2. SnowMatt13

SnowMatt13 PlowSite.com Addict

What type of trucks did you put them on? We were thinking of getting them for all of our 5-yards.
  3. BillNero

BillNero Member

Just want to alert you guys that spreader capacity determines which size vibrator to purchase.

The mini spreaders use a smaller unit sometimes referred to as a VBR80 - 8' V boxes use a VBR100.

A 5 Cu Yd spreader and larger get a little more complicated. For this application we use a much larger Vibrator - VBR1600 mounted to a 6" channel spanning approximately 8' on the outside of the hopper. The Channel usually has to be sectioned as the support ribs interfere. It is important that the channel is welded to the support rib as well. The Vibrator is then bolted to the channel. The theory is to displace the vibration 80% the length of the spreader.
    Hope this helps,

Central Parts Warehouse
  4. kingriver

kingriver Senior Member
    from alaska

We installed the units on a 1.7 cu.yrd. Highway sander, mounted in a 1990 Chevy Silverado HD, airbags rear-timbrens front. You can email Karrier Co. direct and ask them for their advise. (bchurch@karrierco.com) They have been rather helpful with our business making sure we had the right equipment for the job.

5. Grn Mtn

Grn Mtn PlowSite.com Addict

Hey Bill good to see CPW keeping an eye out, I've enjoyed my ProWings this (crappy) winter, and look forward to the VBR80 next winter to help with material flow.