1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Vibrator

Discussion in 'SnowEx Products' started by madskier1986, Nov 29, 2014.

1. madskier1986

madskier1986 Senior Member

I have a snowex 8500 vmaxx and was wondering if the location of a vibrator has any impact on output of salt. Was salting last night and there were times when the unit wasn't throwing salt. Had to wait a few seconds for more material fall in the auger.

To be more specific, I can see three additional different spots where I could mount the vibrator. There is two on each side, front and back. Currently it is set up on the forward mount. If I change it to the rear mount, will I see any increase in flow?

Or, what happens if I put a second vibrator on the unit?

2. dieselss

dieselss PlowSite Fanatic

I'd change it and see what happens. Can't hurt

3. viper881

viper881 Senior Member

Mines located on the side.

4. TPCLandscaping

TPCLandscaping Senior Member

Mines mounted in the center on the driver side… what baffles do you have in? was the salt dry? for sand/salt mix i pull all the baffles out. Running salt i put all the baffles in, but maybe you need to pull the one baffle at the back out to let the material flow a little more

5. madskier1986

madskier1986 Senior Member

I have all baffles installed that came with the unit. I am switching the vibrator to the mount closest to the rear of the spreader. Have a salting chance Monday night and will see if it works better. Did some research, the brand new unit come with two vibrators.