1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Vibrator on V-Box spreader

Discussion in 'Ice Management' started by xtreem3d, Dec 14, 2007.

1. xtreem3d

xtreem3d PlowSite.com Addict

can any of you guys who run a vibrator on a V-box (mine are 7& 8FT) tell me do they really work good for the salt that sticks to the sides of spreader when it's really cold out? i have a couple of apartments that i have to carry loaded salt up the highway a good distance and when it's really cold it always seems to "freeze" up. part of the problem ( i believe) was that the inside of the V-boxes were rusty and bare metal allowing salt to adhere to the bare metal. i have since put on several coats of paint to "gloss" the insides but would be interested in hearing about how well the vibrators really work.
    also would a twin 200 setup be overkill or not?
    TIA,
    steve

2. Bob Church

Bob Church Member

Twin or Not!

If you have a 7' v-box just get a single Z-200. No sence in putting two vibrator on when a single will most likely do everything you want on a 7' spreader. If later you find that you still need another unit you can add it later.

Bob

3. 92XT

92XT Senior Member

Excellent info . Also if allowed in your state (doubt it tho) marinate w/ a lil diesel.Dont get any on the ground, just a fine spray with no excess.

4. 92XT

92XT Senior Member

5. firelwn82

firelwn82 PlowSite.com Addict

Are you telling me you mix diesel in with your salt? Or on the box itself? And how are you supposed to keep it off the ground if your applying the salt to the ground??? :confused: I'm pretty confused at this point.

6. Runner

Runner Senior Member

PLEASE tell me you're joking......:dizzy:

7. Snowpower

Snowpower Senior Member

You spray a light coat on the inside of the box with kerosene, or....diesel. Doesnt freeze, and is slippery as hell.

8. dfdsuperduty

dfdsuperduty Senior Member

Don't worry Dano and Grandview I got this one FLUID FILM!!!!!!!! its enviro safe and legal also

9. Dano50

Dano50 PlowSite.com Addict
    from CA

Thank you, my friend, thank you. :drinkup:

10. dfdsuperduty

dfdsuperduty Senior Member

Dano any more info for me