1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

VIBRATOR not working again...

Discussion in 'Truck & Equipment Repair' started by puredreamz, Dec 30, 2013.

1. puredreamz

puredreamz Senior Member

Story:

this is an on going story, i have a snowex sp6000 the vibrator stopped working before something to do with the controller inside, i ve fixed it twice before from an electric engineer. but it keeps happening i heard snowex is known for faulty controllers.

Testing:
    it stopped working so i wanted to make sure it wasnt the vibrator i put two leads from the battery to vibrator and it works.
    - i checked for power going in the controller and its there

Wiring:
    i decided to just put the vibrator on a seperate switch, so i bought a cheesy rocker switch from crappy tire. the obvious power and ground andran two seperate wires acc and ground and soldered an old vibrator connector so i wouldnt have to chop the vibrator side.

power to power on switch power from vibrator to acc on switch and 2 grounds mated together on ground on switch. Also put an inline fuse.

Outcome:
    im so confused its wired properly, but it wont turn on and keeps blowing the fuse 15 and 20.

what to do ????

2. puredreamz

puredreamz Senior Member

could it be the crappy tire switch, i think its a 3A 125v switch ?

3. ajman21

ajman21 Senior Member

First double and triple check grounds. I can't count the number of times I have found a ground, looked good, but when taken apart it from the stud, the contact points where corroded. Next check as follows. does it blow fuses when the switch is on? or when simply wired up? do you have the specks for the motor? If the resistance is out of speck the motor could be going bad, but the direct connect to the battery allows the amperage needed to operate at the higher resistance. if the motor is in speck i would suspect a short to ground some where in the wiring from the power supply.

4. JB1

JB1 Senior Member

Could be wire broke inside vibrator by brushes.

5. ultimate plow

ultimate plow PlowSite.com Addict
    from N. IL

more than likely a ground. check battery connection ect..... check all connectors.

6. puredreamz

puredreamz Senior Member

the the wiring i put together it was brand new wiring and it only blew the fuse when the switch was turned on.

I had some time to check the snowex oem wiring, i got power everywhere illumination on vibrator switch lights up and i got power going into the controller and i got power on the other end of spreader harness and end of vibrator connector, but vibrator wont come on only when direct to battery.

7. dieselss

dieselss PlowSite Fanatic

Ok. What happens if you just add pwr and gnd to the 2 leads that are at the back of the controller

8. puredreamz

puredreamz Senior Member

ill give it a go in a bit, some flurries where i am shoudl stop soon, ill keep u updated

9. puredreamz

puredreamz Senior Member

i tried with the 2 leads to back of controller light stays illiminated on or off because of constant power but vibrator doesnt work

10. puredreamz

puredreamz Senior Member

ok heres an update i heard snowex controllers are ******** and its official from experience its ********, has power going in and power going out to vibrator but wont work, unless its the switch i dunno.

i went back to the new leads i setup with the rocker switch from crappy tire its official crappy tire sells crappy stuff.
    out of curiousity i switched the rocker switch from crappy tire to a toggle switch i have from drag racing that i using for my led plow light and guess what soon as i flicked the switch vibrator kicks in.