1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

vibrator help

Discussion in 'Ice Management' started by twizted143, Nov 9, 2011.

1. twizted143

twizted143 Member
    from nh

i have a sno way 6 tailgate spreader. i am seriously looking at vibrators. a couple concerns i have.

all i have is a on/off switch in my truck so when the spreader is on, the vibrator will be on, full blast. i am unable to tame it down. i am also worried about it packing in around the shoot.

anyone have some usefull info

2. Rc2505

Rc2505 PlowSite.com Addict

run another switch to the cab. A momentary switch should be fine. If you run the spreader, and vibe all the time you will shake the spreader apart.

3. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

you normally don't run a potentiometer or rheostat on a vibrator.

4. twizted143

twizted143 Member
    from nh

this is my everyday truck. everything inside is removable. i realy dont want to run more wires. was going to hook it all up at a junction box at the spreader itself. im more interested in hearing about clogging issues. will it break up frozen material. will the flow be so fast itll waste material...

5. twizted143

twizted143 Member
    from nh

hope this isnt an expensive mistake.....just bought the karrier z-80

6. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

Excellent unit well matched for the spreader.

7. vamootsman

vamootsman Senior Member

I started buying Rock Salt from farm and Fleet stores to run though my Snoway 6 footer and and Salt Dogg push spreaders, and haven't had any trouble with bridging since in the Snoway. It's dry.