1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Vibrator for undertailgate spreader

Discussion in 'Ice Management' started by snowplow12345, Oct 26, 2007.

1. snowplow12345

snowplow12345 Member

Anyone using a vibrator for under the dump body to help salt move down to spreader. Im using a Buyers Hydro Undertailgate spreader and didnt even think of using a vibrator under the dump body until a friend asked if i would be using one. Is it worth it? What brand does a good job?

2. flykelley

flykelley 2000 Club Member

Give Bob a call from Karrier, its the one and only. Great guy to deal, look for his banner across the top.

Good Luck Mike

3. FISHERBOY

FISHERBOY Senior Member

Save Your Money

I have a tailgate spreader on my dump for 10 years i never needed a shaker on the dump body.

4. snowplow12345

snowplow12345 Member

Thanks. Just talked to him. Very nice and knowledgable. I'll let you know how it works.

5. JD Dave

JD Dave PlowSite Fanatic

We had a vibrator on a Frink 2-way and it really helped. If you have wet salt in your box, the vibrator is sweet.