1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

vibrator for spreader

Discussion in 'Ice Management' started by me!, Dec 7, 2009.

1. me!

me! Member

I bought a used weatern 1000 and got a chance to use it this morning. It didn't go to well. I'm guessin i need a vibrator.

the salt did not want to fall, it would drop a 3 inch wide core out of the center of the spreader, but the salt would not fall into place after that.

Question is, what kind of vibrator do i get or does it matter, just get one and put it on.

Also, the shaft has a leinght of chain about 3 links long welded to the shaft, is this standard or something the previous owner added.

2. Kubota 8540

Kubota 8540 PlowSite.com Addict

If its a Western I know its a good product! Sounds like you could have better luck by adding a vibrator, just be careful of the size you buy, you would want the small one , I cant remember how they rate them , but when I put them two on my 3 point spreader ,I bought the larger size rating and they work perfect, man do they vibrate! The 1000 is the tailgate spreader? I think the vibrator would be like a 60 or 80? Dont know if the chain link is standard but does it hollow out a larger hole in the salt? If so its working, but just not enough. You Can find one here http://www.spreadervibrator.com/ and many other places. If you put one on thats to big it could tear the spreader apart.

3. ferdinand711

ferdinand711 Senior Member

I have one spreader like that, the chain is not standard. the previous owner must have put it there hoping to solve the problem. the spreader was working fine with us 'till I got a crappy bag of salt (high moisture content) when I changed supplier due to cheaper prices, it was then that I thought of selling it since I have a V box or keep it and get a vibrator. I bought a vibrator and since then it was flawless. here's a link for the vibrator; http://www.karrierco.com/data/XcNewsPlus.asp?cmd=view&articleid=17

4. dfdsuperduty

dfdsuperduty Senior Member

I usually use a vibrator on my wife I'll have to try it on the spreader and see if I get the same results :laughing::laughing::laughing:

5. ferdinand711

Fair enough LOL.:drinkup:

6. Runner

Runner Senior Member

Go with the Karrier. Good service, and great support. as a matter of fact, the girlfriend liked mine so well, she wanted me to order her one, too!

7. ferdinand711

Are we still talking about the one for the spreader here?:D:D

8. ajslands

ajslands 2000 Club Member

ya if that vibrator spreader store dont have them, you could always drive up to your local adult store

9. WIPensFan

WIPensFan PlowSite Veteran

They're like 6-7, "that's what she said", moments in this post. :eek:

10. me!

me! Member

i put one on the spreader and it works great now, have not tried on wife.