1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Vibrator blowing fuse

Discussion in 'Truck & Equipment Repair' started by traviswalker007, Jan 6, 2009.

1. traviswalker007

traviswalker007 Senior Member

Just installed a buyerz z-80 vibrator on my tailgate spreader and it keep blowing 25amp fuses??? checked all the wires from motor to switch to battery and no issues, dont think its a ground. worked for about 3 sec and popped. will a 30 amp make a diffrence??

2. elite1msmith

elite1msmith 2000 Club Member
    from chicago

it might?? what does it say the amp draw is?

seems high to me

3. In2toys

In2toys Senior Member

Thought I was on the wrong site for a second there...

4. elite1msmith

elite1msmith 2000 Club Member
    from chicago

;):eek:
    lol........

5. no lead

no lead PlowSite.com Addict

were do you get power and ground from? i wouldn't go for a bigger fuse if it came w/ a 25 amp. is the spreader power of when you try it?

6. traviswalker007

traviswalker007 Senior Member

got it

Thanks guys, went to a bigger fuse and no issues yet.

7. odd1or2even

odd1or2even Senior Member

I just bought a Karrier Vibrator from Bob Church (who is a member on the board) and I believe the amp draw is 7-10 amps MAX. Something seems wrong in the wiring to use a 30 amp fuse. All a vibrator is a motor with an offset weight... it can't draw that much power.