1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Vibrator advice for snowex 1075

Discussion in 'Ice Management' started by AGCPITT, Nov 15, 2012.

1. AGCPITT

AGCPITT Junior Member

I just picked up a 1075 spreader and the Snowex dealer wants $360 for the vibrator then $125 to install!! I've heard that the Karrier vibrator is a good and dependable brand for half that price. Does anyone have any advice of particular models that will work with my 1075?

2. KYsnow

KYsnow Member

If you are going to be using bagged salt (not bulk) you will not need a vibrator. The snowex has a pretty nice auger system that runs from top to bottom so it does a nice job of breaking up and pulling down your salt.

I would go without the vibrator and if you think you need it put it on later. I will be shocked if you find you need it.

3. grassmaster06

grassmaster06 Senior Member

I put a 80 lb vib only 1075 because somtimes my bag salt would stop flowing,not saying the spreader wasn't good but I used to load and go plow and salt would pack down.I got that vibrator from angelos and it cost about 125$ and was really easy to install.most of the time you won't even need it.

4. mn-bob

mn-bob Senior Member

Welcome to the site. AGCPITT

5. AGCPITT

AGCPITT Junior Member

Thanks. Last year I used bag salt and I told myself I would never do that again. This year I plan on primarily using bulk salt. I know this spreader is rated for bulk salt but from what I'm gathering from a lot of posts here, the 1075 works with bulk if you have a vibrator and you make sure the bulk is clump free and dry. The salt will be stored in my garage all winter. My accounts are all close to my house. I plan on using a small guage digging bar to break up any clumps on the fly. Anyone agree or disagree with my expectations/assumptions?

6. goel

goel PlowSite.com Addict

80lb vibrator is cheap and easy to install. 4 holes drilled in the hopper, 4 bolts tightened up, couple wire ties at the back. Length of wire from the battery to a switch (just used a metal toggle for ours), and then from the toggle to the bumper, few more ties to hold it down. Quick install like mentioned above.

Good insurance, and beats the heck out of shoveling or digging - much more comfortable flipping a switch in the cab.