1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by wirenut, Dec 21, 2011.

1. wirenut

wirenut Senior Member
    from nh

ok guys. i have an 04 z71 1500. recently started with a vibration don't think its motor or
    tire balance problem. it starts at 40mph and goes away at 55 or so.
    never did it before.goes away if i put it in neutral. it revs fine.i read about frame beam
    but they say its only for full size. and of course gm don't stand behind their products.
    has anyone experienced this and figured it out...

2. JimACM

JimACM Junior Member

My 2004 2500 crew cab has a two part driveshaft . I have the same kind of vibration that gets worse at certain speeds . When I inspected my driveshafts I noticed that some balance weights had came/rusted off. They use steel washers that have very small spot welds holding them on . Take a close look at the driveshaft and see if there are any places where the shaft looks different like a weight came off
  3. BossPlow2010

BossPlow2010 PlowSite.com Addict

That's your alignment. but balancing may be a contributing factor.
  4. Lbilawncare

Lbilawncare Senior Member

I agree, probably alignment. I had a similar issue and it was a loose/worn out tie rod, easy fix.
  5. snowbankr

snowbankr Member

Did you/have you recently adjusted your rear brakes? I did this just after the last plowing I did cause the pedal seemed to go down just a tad further than I thought it should. Cranked up the rear brakes and took the truck out the other day and it shook like a bear passing a razor blade. Backed off on the adjustment and all is fine now. Must have a rear shoe just a bit out of round. Time to replace.