1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

vibration in my 05 2500 hd

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by vipereng2, Feb 27, 2006.

1. vipereng2

vipereng2 Senior Member

when i get up to 75 mph it starts and stops at 80 mph it doesent feel like the front end. its more like the drive train you can feel it under the truck . has anybody had this happen to them .:realmad:
  2. vipereng2

vipereng2 Senior Member

could it be the u joints ?
  3. lorentzlawnsnow

lorentzlawnsnow Senior Member

i would say u joints
  4. vipereng2

vipereng2 Senior Member

man just turned 10,000 miles and the u joints are bad well i hope thats it and nothing worse.
    got bumper to bumper warranty now they will say because i got a plow on it its void
    Last edited: Feb 27, 2006
  5. Me Too!

My 04 2500HD has done it since it was brand new. Does it from 74 to 78 mph. Only upon acceleration. If you lift off the pedal it goes away. Had the u-joints checked twice and checked them myself on a lift. They're fine. Glad you brought it up, maybe some of these guys can help us out.
  6. ksland

ksland Senior Member
    from ma

Where can you go 75 mph?

These are big heavy strong trucks, not corvettes.... Jesus people, slow down.
  7. jt5019

jt5019 Senior Member

75mph is only ten miles over the speed limit on the highwayxysport
  8. tmltrans

tmltrans Member

Usually if you have a speed sensitive vibration, as described, it is a tire problem. It could be the beginning of tread seperation or slight out of balance on one tire. Generally this will get worse as you put more miles on the tire. Have a good tire place check it out.
  9. PremierLand

PremierLand PlowSite.com Addict
    from detroit

I have 01 and doesnt do that. So perhaps its your tires like stated above....

and ksland, some places around here have a speed limit of 75 so you can do 80-85. If this was a big 4500 or 5500, I could see what your saying, but these are 3/4ton trucks not huge 5500's. Then again, I usually dont go above 70 myself, and not over 55 when the plow or trailer is attached
  10. Plowfast9957

Plowfast9957 Senior Member

hmm my 05 does it also. at the same speeds aboud 72 to 80. I ahve never done any research on it but maybe I will.
  11. Dupesy

Dupesy Member

my '04 did it at the same speeds. I then put new tires on it, and it does it right around 65 now. Not uncomfortable, just enough that I can feel it.
  12. vipereng2

vipereng2 Senior Member

well glad i posted this when we pay as much for these truck i want it fixed.
    every body has this vibreation at the same speed .and my tires only got 10000 miles they look like new
    its in the drive train when you let off on the gas it stops if it was the tires it would not go away when u let off on the gas it would continue at that speed
    Last edited: Mar 1, 2006
  13. 06HD BOSS

06HD BOSS 2000 Club Member

I was searching around for any TSB's on the issue and came up with one. It describes it as automatic transmission shudder. The TSB # is 05-07-30-017A and it came out in July 2005. Not 100% sure if that its the right one, but wouldnt hurt to check it out at the dealer.
  14. SnowMatt13

SnowMatt13 PlowSite.com Addict

Well....Here's my story, it's kinda long but it may help. I had exact problem, here's how I can describe. Same speeds on the highway. Noticed a vibration/hum noise in floor, could feel it in the gas pedal too. Noise would go away under 65mph. Now I have a manual shift 4WD system. If I grabed the shift lever I could feel it in that too. Now after a few service visits they tried balancing my drive shaft, no good. They put in a new drive shaft, even worse. So the yoke and u-joint going out of the transfer case was replaced. Better. Opened up my transfer case and found some bushings and bearings torn up from vibration. Replaced about half of transfer case and shell. Noise is 90% gone. I was told that's as good as it gets. Recap...items replaced:
    1. Driveshaft
    2. Many internal transfer case parts
    3. Transfer case outer shell
    4. Transfer case handle
    5. Yoke and u-joint comming out of transfer case to driveshaft
    6. Driveshaft
    7. U-joint from driveshaft to rear-end.

Hope this helps:waving:
  15. vipereng2

vipereng2 Senior Member

16. 4speed

4speed Member

I posted on this when my "04" was brand new. When I went to the dealer they said they could not reproduce the noise/ vibration. On a later visit , while talking to the head service writer, he explained it as rough cut gears in the transfer case. :angry:
  17. Five Star Lawn Care LLC

Five Star Lawn Care LLC Senior Member

my 03 crew cab does the same thing...it pisses me off...its out of warrenty now so im SOL
  18. bugthug

bugthug Senior Member
    from Pa

I was told that the steering shaft need to be lubed on my 05 it worked for me
  19. budcar

budcar Junior Member

i do an average of 70 to 80 mph on the ne extention of the pa turnpike to go to my place upstate ive never felt a vibration yet? i have 25 and since new ive had bfg ko's on it maybe tires? also no steering clunk yet only had the clutch fan done even though it didnt over heat
  20. Antnee77

Antnee77 PlowSite.com Addict
    from RI

I'd say either U-Joints or a TC shudder.