1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

vibration in 02 2500HD Chevy

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by bubble boy, Feb 16, 2002.

1. bubble boy

bubble boy Member

this happens over 120km/hr (about 65mph?)

engine vibrates-you feel and hear it. if i accelerate thru to say 130 km/hr, still vibrates. when i let up on the throttle anywhere over 120 km/hr, and then reapply to hold speed, vibrating stops. so in other words i can hold speed at say 125 km/hr, but accerating thru 120km/hr is a problem.

dealer has no answer, gm says they'll get back to me. the dealer told me (believe it or not) that they tested 2 similar trucks (2002)and had the same problem, and tested a yukon and had the same problem.

anyone with the 2002's have this happen? any ideas why?

thanks

2. TLS

TLS PlowSite.com Addict

Bubble Boy,

What is your configuration?
    Regular Cab:
    Extended Cab: Long or Short Bed
    Crew Cab: Long or Short Bed

Is your rear driveshaft a one or two piece.

If its a two piece, then that is most likely your problem. The center carrier bearing gets "loaded" and remains in a "non-centered" position making the driveline technically out of line. I had this same problem on my '90 since new. Just blip throttle and it smoothes out!

Dont know what to say, other than some 2 piece rear driveshafts were being replaced with single huge aluminum shafts thus eliminating this center pilot bearing and crossmember.

3. bubble boy

bubble boy Member

reg cab long box

dont know off hand about one or two piece.

but if that is the problem, is it harming the truck? and is it safe?

4. bubble boy

bubble boy Member

was hoping someone could tell me if my prob was dangerous???

and how much $ to replace a drive shaft, if that is the prob?

grateful for any input:cool:

5. RAZOR

RAZOR Senior Member

Bubbleboy

The truck is under warranty so take it to another dealer. There is something wrong so they have to fix it.

Razor